Poll: ...
Yeh (0)
0%
Nah (18)
100%
Lover's Knot
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I was shopping this morning, when I got to the checkout I noticed a visa debit card (technically a credit card) that someone had left behind. For a moment I felt the urge to take it but I handed it in to the cashier instead.

Although you'd need a pin to take money out, you could still use such a card to do online shopping so would you guys take advantage and take it or give it in?

cheers
Norfolkadam
Badges: 15
Report 9 years ago
No. What if that was your money?

Also I'm sure a Visa debit card is not a credit card.

You're a bad person if you consider these things for longer than 1 second.
LunarLeon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Be careful what one says in this thread. :sly:
No I wouldn't. Pointless anyway, as it would be cancelled/invalid shortly after.
MewMachine
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'd hand it in, no point in getting done for fraud. Also I'd feel awful if someone did this to me.

This is why my workplace doesn't print a receipt and the computer beeps at me until the person takes their card out, or every other person would forget their card...
Illusionary
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Lover's Knot)
I was shopping this morning, when I got to the checkout I noticed a visa debit card (technically a credit card) that someone had left behind. For a moment I felt the urge to take it but I handed it in to the cashier instead.

Although you'd need a pin to take money out, you could still use such a card to do online shopping so would you guys take advantage and take it or give it in?

cheers
:no: For ethical reasons, no.

Also, even if you tried to use it for online shopping, you'd need to know the cardholder's address when placing the order, and would also have to give your own address for delivery. When the transaction was disputed by the cardholder (which it undoubtedly would be), the merchant could well track the fraud back to you from your address details at that point. Admittedly, this wouldn't work for non-physical purchases, but I still wouldn't try it...
ununpentium
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No, I wouldnt.
~emy~
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hijack it? lol
No I wouldn't. I don't steal
Anon the 7th
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Nah
slightlyoddchild
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
for one, hell no. and especially seeing as i lost my debit card last night. althought to be honest people really should cancel their cards as soon as they lose them, to stop people from having the oppurtunity.
but yeah, finding random money on the ground is one thing, but i could never steal money from someones debit card, its so wrong
vander Beth
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No.
PrincessJasmine
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No I wouldn't and a Visa debit is definately not a credit card.
fourleaf
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No, just because if it happened to me I'd be fuming.
You can't use a debit card in the same way as a credit card..

Plus, if you used it and got caught, what would you tell the police when you get charged with fraud? "I was going to give it back, honest"
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (284)
37.67%
No - but I will (53)
7.03%
No - I don't want to (55)
7.29%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (362)
48.01%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise