Continuing Students Thread Watch

PapaDoc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
What kind of turn around times have 2nd year or above students been experiencing with their LEA's?

Post on here when you applied and when you got what. Someone on here might be in your area and it would give them hope :yep:
rachd_22
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
applied mid june and still have heard nothing :-( Lancashire LEA.
Addy88
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I applied in May and nothing from them. I called and was told that they have received my evidence and that it will take a couple of weeks to process I move to uni next week!
silent ninja
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Applied in Feb. Evidence sent in March. Updated online. I'm good to receive my loans as soon as university starts, apparently.
hannahdaisy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well me and my dad are sure we applied earlier this year, but by chance I thought I'd go online and have a look and nothing was there so I applied again. That was quite a few weeks back now and I haven't heard anything. I wanna move back next week and I'm gonna have no money, can't pay rent etc.
The_Goose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
applied 2 weeks ago and just need to sedn declaration now - central processing unit
ukmaxi
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
People do realise, that even if your a continuing student, your applications now go straight to the SLC. Thats why its changed from Student Finance Direct to Student Finance England. Your LEA does not deal with your applications any more. Same as the first years now.
noodles!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Mine went OK, if I don't get my money on Monday (payment date) I'll let you know :p:
fightoffyourdemons
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Applied in february, got the confirmation thing in april, got my noticification of when I'm getting my money in august.
*Sparkle*
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Applied in april and got my financial notification the same day my parents got asked for evidence, they had already means tested me on what I told them my parents earned so we didn't send anything. Sent my signature back in May but checked in july and it said still awaiting sig so I asked for another form and I got my schedule thing the next week.
reality139
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Seems to be running ok here in Northern Ireland. I sent mine a week late in June, but have received correspondence in July and August with the payment schedule letter.

Due to get it on Monday, but I always seem to get it the Saturday before with my bank.
El Roi
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ukmaxi)
People do realise, that even if your a continuing student, your applications now go straight to the SLC. Thats why its changed from Student Finance Direct to Student Finance England. Your LEA does not deal with your applications any more. Same as the first years now.

i sent my confirmation of child care fees to my lea and they still deal with my application.
ukmaxi
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by El Roi)
i sent my confirmation of child care fees to my lea and they still deal with my application.
I am not sure, but thats information you deal with on a different application form is it not? Just that this year when i applied for finance for my second year the letter was from student finance england. Where as last year it was from my LEA as it had Lincolnshire County Council in the top right corner.

Sorry for sounding a bit ignorant there, but they sent out information outlining how it was all going to pan out. The fact that the LEA are not going to be handling Grant and loan applications for Student Finance, and that the SLC are taking full control of the applications process and are doing it directly?
El Roi
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ukmaxi)
I am not sure, but thats information you deal with on a different application form is it not? Just that this year when i applied for finance for my second year the letter was from student finance england. Where as last year it was from my LEA as it had Lincolnshire County Council in the top right corner.

Sorry for sounding a bit ignorant there, but they sent out information outlining how it was all going to pan out. The fact that the LEA are not going to be handling Grant and loan applications for Student Finance, and that the SLC are taking full control of the applications process and are doing it directly?

Second year apps are still being dealt with via LEA's up until 2011 from what i was told by my assessor on the phone (at my LEA) yesterday. All my grants including my child care are dished out by SFD but assessed by my LEA. Taikio (sorry if i have spelt that wrong) will know!
ukmaxi
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lol Its all confusing,it says on their website that "Student Finance Direct is now Student Finance England, you have to reapply for finace for each academic year." Then there is a link to the direct.gov website? It doesn't matter much to me really, as the loans and grants still come from the SLC none of the less.
Baz1990
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
applied late july, all sorted out, hampshire lea
PapaDoc
Rep:
?
I had to apply just last week because of a ****-up. My LEA doesn't even pick up the phone anymore it goes through to a voicemail message like on any other phone
reality139
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It seems to be absolutely awful over in England.
PapaDoc
Rep:
?
(Original post by reality139)
It seems to be absolutely awful over in England.
It's grim in the south...
reality139
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I feel sorry for ya's, I really do. Everything here is fine in Northern Ireland.

I even sent mine off a week late, and got something back literally 2 weeks after with the amounts I was getting. Two months later in August got payment schedule.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (404)
37.72%
No - but I will (82)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (75)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (510)
47.62%

Watched Threads