Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok I am so nervous...I've decided to take Statistics GCSE and have only had 5 lessons of it!!! Anyone else taking it, and if so how long have they been studying it for?

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking it as well. We had a lesson at lunch on Wed and after school on Thursday for about a month or so. I'm really worried as well. I have a past paper to do this weekend. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i got a C in the mock but btw u dont even need a really high mark for statistics to pass

ReputationRep:
    it's unbelievable - so different from normal maths GCSE. I've gone through mock papers, but they're not very encouraging. I think the grade boundaries are the same for stats as maths. My stats coursework was horrific so i'll have to do extra well in the exam!

ReputationRep:
    dude u dont how i feel i didnt even know i was gonna do the real thing!!!!!

i got a statement for my GCSE's and while lookin at my future exams i seen

Statistics - 17th June

I was like OMFG i havent even done statistics coursework!

ReputationRep:
    Guys, don't worry too much about this exam, most of it you will have covered for the maths papers (im doing stats gcse this year too) - a lot of it is common sense, and quite a bit of the stuff that isn't is given to you on the formula sheet (eg. standard deviation) - just make sure you learn things like box plots and histograms. If you need anymore help on whats in the exam just ask

ReputationRep:
    box plots wow i did those in year 9 histograms if its what im thinking are really easy also, but yer in the mock when i looked at the formula sheet and seen standard deviation i swaer i got a black out!

ReputationRep:
    apparently i decided to teach myself statistics without any help, because my school doesnt offer it. We had to do it, but my naths teacher was pregnant last year and we had replacement teachers, who didnt know anything about maths. hence we missed one year of maths and had to catch up in year 11 all of the work, missing statistics. I have finished syllabus for stats myself, but about a month ago and forgot everything completely. I would have to go through everything soon.lol.

ReputationRep:
    I am doing it and have had no lessons i did my maths gcse last year and have been doing the cw in ict. Any good revisions hints, what are the hardest bits of the course which revision should focus on?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing it! We have just been doing 1 lunchtime every week. Are the grade boundaries really similar to Maths?

ReputationRep:
    I did stats last year, and it wasn't too bad. A lot of the stuff is part of maths anyway, i think its just stuff like standard deviation and spearmans, but ther ok, and i think they give you the formulas (can't remember much about it). I didn't do much revision at all, but I had more lessons than most of you! How come you're all doing it in such a short time?

Anyway, GOOD LUCK!!!

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea, our maths teacher just decided that we'll be ok doing it..oh those fatal words and I naively believed him. Now im peeing my pants...there's so much to learn!

ReputationRep:
    look statistics is like 10 times easier then maths - u need like 80 for A* - after 2 lessons of it and a few hours private study i got 88 - my courseowkr dragged it down to 84 = A*

its stuff like venn diagram and standard devisation that take 5 mins to leanr

ReputationRep:
    Seems to be quite a lot of people doing it with no or next to no teaching - except I got given a textbook

ReputationRep:
    i do it too... its not too bad... the pass is low, and so is an A or an A*, so it should be good... but we do have two clear days before statistics without any exams...

ReputationRep:
    my stats isnt until the 24 of june??? wot exam board r u guys with?? i have exam clash on that day , bit worried abt stand dev. cannot do tht...

ReputationRep:
    but you should have covered most stuff for normal maths.. thats why stats is so easy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neverfinished)
    my stats isnt until the 24 of june??? wot exam board r u guys with?? i have exam clash on that day , bit worried abt stand dev. cannot do tht...
    AQA is 24th but I do edexcel which is 17th

ReputationRep:
    Ive been doin Statistics for bout 2 years and had about 80-90 lessons! I do the AQA one and I honestly dont think it is that hard. Im not even that good at it but Ive done my GCSE Maths already and got an A* in it and Ive just finished Core Mathematics 1, I reckon this helps alot! you have to get 90+ to get an A* out of 126 if you have 100% in your coursework so it'll be higher If its anything less, A is around about 60 and B 40

ReputationRep:
    I've done NOTHING for stats so far, hmmm. I'm in for the higher paper as well, lol. I'll have to start preparing for it soon.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.