The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Tell your parents how you feel.
OP, I can CHANGE! - Please give me a chance! :-(

On a more serious note : No don't worry it isn't wrong...Mr right is out there :-)
Reply 102
Day Je t'aime
This kind of ignorance aggravates me...for god sake open your mind to other people’s cultures, doesn’t hurt, only gets you more friends!

Argh, what is so ignorant about it? I bet you know buggerall about my culture?

Talking about ignorance, you should check yourself out first!
Reply 103
Oki... Well I've just skimmed through the topic, and I'm not sure if this has been said before, because from the looks of the first and last pages (that's all I've looked at, sorry x)) I think that it's not shallow, but that you could give it a go. As in ask to spend some time with the guys who are proposing to you, to get to know them just a little bit.
This comes from someone who is NOT attracted to geeks or nerds normally (none of my exes were actually) but who after spending some time with two really nerdy guys, just fell head over heels for them. Oddly enough, unlike what was expected from our peers and myself, neither liked me back. It was really funny - complete reversal of the situation.
Just, I think you never fall for the one you think you'll fall for. At least, that's how it worked for me. It might sound sick, but I never fell for any of my bfs, they convinced me into going out with them, and we quickly broke it off each time. But they were my type to start off with. So basically, you never know.
Day Je t'aime
thanks for looking through my posts and past threads ;-)

p.s you needed that push to open that mind of yours! =)

Give up, you failed already.
Reply 105
sokissme18
no i don't think it's wrong.
i might sound stupid but i didn't know you could reject arranged marriages!

course ya can!!
& naa it aint shallow..but personally personality comes 1st..n then looks
lol so long as he aint butt ugly :wink:
but seriusly, do what you feel is right..
ermm have you done istihara or owt?
mariyh2
course ya can!!
& naa it aint shallow..but personally personality comes 1st..n then looks
lol so long as he aint butt ugly :wink:
but seriusly, do what you feel is right..
ermm have you done istihara or owt?

My grandma would normally have done the instihara after we said yes!:smile:
Reply 107
Day Je t'aime
This kind of ignorance aggravates me...for god sake open your mind to other people’s cultures, doesn’t hurt, only gets you more friends!
Calm down. :s-smilie: Everyone has to learn one time or another.

Latest

Trending

Trending