helppppp! student finance! Watch

* Cindy *
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I'm trying to rush through an application over clearing. There are still spaces and that side is being dealt with, but I have no idea over the student finance, is there time?! Can I still manage it? I'm so unbelievably stressed right now any help would be appreciated!
freddy11
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
I believe, at present, that student finance are only dealing with complete applications received before the 01/08/2009. I would advise you to check, but contacting them has become quite impossible recently due to a "record number of applications" this year. The best thing you can do is complete the initial application and send of the basic identity support documents if you havent done so already as soon as possible. The sooner they recieve that, the sooner you can get your application underway and you can avoid any further delays. Once that is done and dusted, be persistent. Stay on hold as long as it takes to get through and speak to someone, then they can give you the proper plan of action.

I do no believe it will be possible for you to receive funding in time for the start of term and so I would urge you to speak with your university and make them aware of this. I recall once at a university I visited, there being a section on campus that dealt specifically with people who hadnt recieved there loan on time. It involved them loaning students the basic funds they needed until the student finance application was complete. Obviously be careful of what you get yourself into and read all the small prints.

Try not to panic. Have a word with your parents if that is at all a viable option and review your own finances and overdraft possibilities. Then you can make a logical decision as to weather or not you will be able to hold out until the SLC can finalise your application.

In terms of communication with student finance all i can stress is persistance. They are extremely unorganised and unreliable at present. Keep on at them but remain aware that a standard application takes up to six weeks.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by * Cindy *)
I'm trying to rush through an application over clearing. There are still spaces and that side is being dealt with, but I have no idea over the student finance, is there time?! Can I still manage it? I'm so unbelievably stressed right now any help would be appreciated!
You can put in your application for finance any time up until nine months after the course has started; you just won't get anything quickly at the moment. You are likely to need to find funds to live on, but the uni should accept confirmation that you have applied for a fees loan even if it hasn't come through yet.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (236)
39.2%
No - but I will (41)
6.81%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.48%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (280)
46.51%

Watched Threads