Chances of offer (Government) Watch

jenharrison01
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I'm hoping to apply at LSE to do Government but don't know if my grades are good enough, at GCSE I got 5As and 5Bs and am predicted A*AA at AS

Any good?
Frontier
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jenharrison01)
I'm hoping to apply at LSE to do Government but don't know if my grades are good enough, at GCSE I got 5As and 5Bs and am predicted A*AA at AS

Any good?
Your GCSEs are probably below average in comparison to other applicants, but your AS prediction is good. If you secure good AS grades and an excellent A2 prediction, and your personal statement is fantastic and conveys your passion for the subject, I see no reason as to why you don't have a chance.
Adam92
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Any good?
A2?
jenharrison01
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Ok thanks, so you reckon its worth applying? For A2 im taking history politics and law.
Frontier
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ok thanks, so you reckon its worth applying? For A2 im taking history politics and law.
Yes it is worth applying, you have five choices anyway.
edward27
Report 9 years ago
I got worse GCSE's than that, much worse actually but i did spent months working on my personal statement though and I got AAAB and AAAa for my final A2 results.

its worth a shot.
edward27
Report 9 years ago
Ohh and I'll be doing government this year.
DannyBoy123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Worth a shot but I wouldn't get your hopes up (I would say that to anyone applying to LSE). I'm starting 2nd year Government and I got 7 A*'s, 2 A's and 2 B's at GCSE, AAAa which seems about the average to be honest.
nicky_p
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by DannyBoy123)
Worth a shot but I wouldn't get your hopes up (I would say that to anyone applying to LSE). I'm starting 2nd year Government and I got 7 A*'s, 2 A's and 2 B's at GCSE, AAAa which seems about the average to be honest.
Yep, everyone in both my Econ and Govt lectures and classes seems to have roughly the same grades ^. 7 A*s, with very few Bs seems to be the benchmark for a good application
ninety_nine
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Your GCSE's may let you down a little, but not enough to deter you from applying completely.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London School of Economics and Political Science
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.78%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (701)
47.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise