Student account process? Watch

LBraid88
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I signed up online with HSBC to change my account to a student account about 4 weeks ago, since then I've recieved the confirmation slip of which I took to the bank along with my ucas info and they've basically sent that off. Now that I've basically completed the last stage what happens now?! Is there a chance I'll get the account up by the end of this week?!

Cheers for any help.
Max_L
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It should alter pretty much instantly - you'll probably just have to wait a few extra days to get all the new info from the bank. If you go into your branch you'll probably already be able to apply for your overdraft!
minionlindz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
How long ago was it that you took the ucas stuff into the bank? Shouldn't take long for them to upgrade your account as you're an existing member. Is it the overdraft facility you're particularly anxious to get quickly?
LBraid88
(Original post by minionlindz)
How long ago was it that you took the ucas stuff into the bank? Shouldn't take long for them to upgrade your account as you're an existing member. Is it the overdraft facility you're particularly anxious to get quickly?
Pretty sure it was weds/thurs last week I went down. I really need the overdraft yeah
minionlindz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by LBraid88)
Pretty sure it was weds/thurs last week I went down. I really need the overdraft yeah
Yeah maybe try going in then and asking if you can request the overdraft now even if it hasn't technically been updated yet - might mean it'll come through quicker? Good luck
LBraid88
(Original post by minionlindz)
Yeah maybe try going in then and asking if you can request the overdraft now even if it hasn't technically been updated yet - might mean it'll come through quicker? Good luck
Yeah think I'll give it a shot, bit annoying as the bank tellers at my local branch are idiots.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (322)
37.44%
No - but I will (67)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (409)
47.56%

Watched Threads