How did you do that? Are you human?

My parents forced me and beat me with a whip :whip:
Reply 61
Jinru
Year of Entry: 2010
Deferred?: No
GCSEs: 2A* 5A 3B 1C
AS Grades: AAAAAB
A2 Results: AAAAAB(+D in general studies)
Previous Degree (if applicable): Nop
Work Experience/Volunteering: Alot (Work experience/Internship/Volunteering)
Universities applied to and decisions: Cambridge (Girton) LSE LSE UCL Durham

He has had a gap year or two or whatever and re-applied ( probably doing these extra A levels in the mean time) otherwise he would not have the A2 results. But all the same very good results. GCSE's are a bit low for LSE however.
Reply 62
beatleboar
He has had a gap year or two or whatever and re-applied ( probably doing these extra A levels in the mean time) otherwise he would not have the A2 results. But all the same very good results. GCSE's are a bit low for LSE however.

Me?
Reply 63
Jinru
Me?

I think so :colondollar:
Reply 64
beatleboar
I think so :colondollar:

Oh ok,

I'm on my first (and only) gap year. Yep I am reapplying.

I finished 7 A levels within 2 years, 2007-2009, which will be certificated in Dec 2009. So no, I am not doing any extra A levels during my gap year.
Reply 65
Year of Entry: 2008
GCSEs: 5.5A* 2.5A 1B 1C
IB score: 42
Previous Degree (if applicable): Nope
Work Experience/Volunteering: volunteering (charity shop), spring internship at goldman&sachs
Universities applied to and decisions: LSE (2nd year EME), Warwick, Oxford, UCL, and Birmingham
Reply 66
danny111
GCSEs: 5.5A* 2.5A 1B 1C
IB score: 42
Work Experience/Volunteering: volunteering (charity shop), spring internship at goldman&sachs
Universities applied to and decisions: LSE (2nd year EME), Warwick, Oxford, UCL, and Birmingham

do you think EME is easier to get into that economics? or is it the same difficulty?
Reply 67
neomilan
do you think EME is easier to get into that economics? or is it the same difficulty?

almost the same.

you asking because i dont have 10A*?
Reply 68
danny111
almost the same.

you asking because i dont have 10A*?

Allow me to answer for him: yes.
Reply 69
Fiasco

well i did mine it pretty much in a year. i came from abroad (at end of year 10) and although having done similar stuff, it was different. also my english wasnt as good as it is now. i think this was mentioned in my reference so prolly counted in my favour.
Reply 70
Fiasco
danny111
well i did mine it pretty much in a year. i came from abroad (at end of year 10) and although having done similar stuff, it was different. also my english wasnt as good as it is now. i think this was mentioned in my reference so prolly counted in my favour.

actually i didn't notice your gcse grades, i just saw EME and wanted to know... :s-smilie:
Reply 71
neomilan
actually i didn't notice your gcse grades, i just saw EME and wanted to know... :s-smilie:

EME, well i dont think its easier to get into, nor harder.

the PS shud be different in my opinion too, so u need to choose the one course you wanna do - that will make ur PS stronger.
Reply 72
GCSEs: 8A*2A
A2's: AAAAA
Previous Degree (if applicable): Naat
Work Experience/Volunteering: summer internship in hotel management
Universities applied to and decisions: Camb(:yy:), LSE(:yy:), LSE(:nn:), UCL(:yy:), UCL(:yy:)

In hindsight maybe it was risky but it was worth it :P
beatleboar
GCSEs: 9A*s and 2 A's
AS Grades:AAAAA and a (pending result) lol
A2 Prediction/Results:A*A*A*A*Aa
Work Experience/Volunteering: Fair bit.
Universities applied to and decisions: Durham, York, LSE, Newcastle and Warwick

I really don't get why you decided before you're not good enough to apply to some more competitive universities. You've got some awesome grades there.
GCSEs: 6A* 2A 1B
AS Grades: AAAA (Maths, FM, Physics, Economics)
A2 Results: AAAB (Maths, Physics, Economics, FM) + Distinction in AEA Econ
Work Experience/Volunteering: Gap year working 7 months with Deloitte followed by travelling
Universities applied to and decisions: Oxford, LSE, Warwick, Nottingham, Birmingham
Reply 75
Clements-
I really don't get why you decided before you're not good enough to apply to some more competitive universities. You've got some awesome grades there.

I am just concerned that the subject I chose are a bit weak. :frown:
beatleboar
I am just concerned that the subject I chose are a bit weak. :frown:

What subjects? Were you not interested in Oxbridge?
Reply 77
astudent
GCSEs: 8A*2A
A2's: AAAAA
Previous Degree (if applicable): Naat
Work Experience/Volunteering: summer internship in hotel management
Universities applied to and decisions: Camb(:yy:), LSE(:yy:), LSE(:nn:), UCL(:yy:), UCL(:yy:)

In hindsight maybe it was risky but it was worth it :P

which 2 courses at LSE?
Reply 78
danny111
which 2 courses at LSE?

EME & M&E, was pending in both until mid March, and then in one day offer for EME and rejected for M&E.
Reply 79
astudent
EME & M&E, was pending in both until mid March, and then in one day offer for EME and rejected for M&E.

nice, i do EME. good course.

Latest

Trending

Trending