Cardiff Freshers help?! Watch

katechar_X
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone knows which Cardiff freshers party is the main welcome partyu. Is it the 'Hey ewe' on the saturday? Or the 'Freshers Welcome Party' on the sunday. I know this probably sounds like a stupid question. But are many people going to the saturday one? I'm not staying in halls and I'm really nervous about turning up on my own :confused: Do you think I'll be ok doing this?
annieappletoothpaste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey! I might not be too much help! I'm going down completely on my own too, and I wasnt going to get any tickets for anything in case I found it was a waste or whatever, but my nerves got the best of me and I bought a ticket for both - and not much else haha! I figured most people would be going to the Saturday one, it seems to me that most people will be there by Saturday evening!
CrazyChris
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey, I'll also be of no use....
edit: eh, nope, no clue. sorry.
katechar_X
Rep:
?
(Original post by annieappletoothpaste)
Hey! I might not be too much help! I'm going down completely on my own too, and I wasnt going to get any tickets for anything in case I found it was a waste or whatever, but my nerves got the best of me and I bought a ticket for both - and not much else haha! I figured most people would be going to the Saturday one, it seems to me that most people will be there by Saturday evening!
Ive just bought a ticket for both...fingers crossed it'll be okay!! :woo:
TheOneBehindTheMask
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think Welcome Fresher's Party is the main one, but I doubt there will be much difference. Most people will be moving in on the Saturday and so want to go out afterwards, and just end up at Hey Ewe. Can't wait!
RightSaidJames
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey Ewe is intended to be a club night for meeting randoms at, the Welcome Party is just a club night with slightly better music/DJs than normal. To be honest, they'll probably both be fairly packed as it's Fresher's week, and they are just club nights so will probably be exactly the same in terms of atmosphere and content (drunk people dancing, vomiting etc. etc.), but they are definitely promoting the Welcome party more than Hey Ewe.
katechar_X
Rep:
?
(Original post by RightSaidJames)
Hey Ewe is intended to be a club night for meeting randoms at, the Welcome Party is just a club night with slightly better music/DJs than normal. To be honest, they'll probably both be fairly packed as it's Fresher's week, and they are just club nights so will probably be exactly the same in terms of atmosphere and content (drunk people dancing, vomiting etc. etc.), but they are definitely promoting the Welcome party more than Hey Ewe.
Do alot of people turn up on their own?
RightSaidJames
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by katechar_X)
Do alot of people turn up on their own?
Nah, mostly with the flatmates they've only just met. So even though you don't know them that well you're not on your own. In clubs there tends to be a certain wariness of people on their own, but if you're with a group of some description (however small) then everyone mixes freely. So just drag along a flatmate or someone in the flat opposite

Then again, in Fresher's week everyone is much keener than normal to talk to randoms, but going with someone still makes things less socially awkward because you can introduce people to each other and so on.
katechar_X
Rep:
?
(Original post by RightSaidJames)
Nah, mostly with the flatmates they've only just met. So even though you don't know them that well you're not on your own. In clubs there tends to be a certain wariness of people on their own, but if you're with a group of some description (however small) then everyone mixes freely. So just drag along a flatmate or someone in the flat opposite

Then again, in Fresher's week everyone is much keener than normal to talk to randoms, but going with someone still makes things less socially awkward because you can introduce people to each other and so on.
Oh god now im worrying....im not in halls, im renting privately cos my partners in another uni in cardiff, so im going to be turning up alone.
TheOneBehindTheMask
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh god now im worrying....im not in halls, im renting privately cos my partners in another uni in cardiff, so im going to be turning up alone.
With the amount of Cardiff students on here, you can always tag along with fellow TSRers .
katechar_X
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheOneBehindTheMask)
With the amount of Cardiff students on here, you can always tag along with fellow TSRers .
Is that an invitation? :p:
TheOneBehindTheMask
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Is that an invitation? :p:
Of course! Although I haven't bought tickets, nor do I have a clue what my flat will end up doing.
katechar_X
Rep:
?
Of course! Although I haven't bought tickets, nor do I have a clue what my flat will end up doing.
I think most people will end up buying tickets there Did i add the right you on facebook? :p:
TheOneBehindTheMask
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think most people will end up buying tickets there Did i add the right you on facebook? :p:
Very true . And yes you did, although you have no wall :eek: .
katechar_X
Rep:
?
Very true . And yes you did, although you have no wall :eek: .
I do? Dont i? Ill have a look now :p:
Illyria
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Is anyone going to Hey Ewe and staying at Senghennydd Court? I've got a ticket but none of my flatmates seem to be going so I haven't got anyone to walk down with
katechar_X
Rep:
?
(Original post by Illyria)
Is anyone going to Hey Ewe and staying at Senghennydd Court? I've got a ticket but none of my flatmates seem to be going so I haven't got anyone to walk down with
Hey im not staying in halls, im renting privately so i dont know anyone, we could meet up and go down together if you like?
Illyria
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey im not staying in halls, im renting privately so i dont know anyone, we could meet up and go down together if you like?
That'd be great, where are you staying? We could meet up outside the Senghennydd Court gates on Salisbury road if you know where that is?
katechar_X
Rep:
?
(Original post by Illyria)
That'd be great, where are you staying? We could meet up outside the Senghennydd Court gates on Salisbury road if you know where that is?
Yeah thats fine because i have to walk that way anyway im about 5 minutes from there have you got facebook or something?
Illyria
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah thats fine because i have to walk that way anyway im about 5 minutes from there have you got facebook or something?
Yep, this is me: (edit: link deleted for privacy reasons! plus it didn't work anyway )
It starts at 9:30, what time were you thinking of going?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (515)
37.56%
No - but I will (107)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (656)
47.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise