(Original post by GandalfdaGoblin)
water's allowed. I hate ur skool.
LOL! Join the club!
Mr. Fox
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yep, we could use our own TKAMs as long as they weren't annotated. Hehe, you'll be annoyed to know this, but our English teacher suggested maybe pages 'might get folded, you know, when you don't have a bookmark and you fall asleep reading'. MUAHA! Let's just say it was quite easy to find the key events and quotes.....:P
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lol the water bottles are allowed for us. Except when we had our AQA Graphics exam. Wonder Why?
Mr. Fox
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Because in the time between the beginning of the exam and the question on water bottles, you could quite easily forget what a bottle looks like!
Pigmy Goat
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
We're allowed any form of water or flavoured water, they usually prefer it to have a pull-up top (if you get what i mean) so that it doesn't spill over the paper and cause an acident!
Mark S
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by seaspray)
That is completely rediculous.
I know, dont sometimes exam officers from the boards come in unannounced and go into the exam?
ghtrevgy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Markus505)
I know, dont sometimes exam officers from the boards come in unannounced and go into the exam?
That's what I thought. It's very unfair as well. Were your school simply too tight to spend out on exam copies?!
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Your school is perfectly entitled to make it's own rules on food/drink during exams. However, if it is very hot then you have a case for convincing them to allow water.
ghtrevgy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Juno)
Your school is perfectly entitled to make it's own rules on food/drink during exams. However, if it is very hot then you have a case for convincing them to allow water.
Yes, but that isn't really the point. They essentially lied by saying it was an "exam board regulation" instead of their own made up rule. That's why I am so angry.
Dragonshorts
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They specify that you're not allowed personal TVs? Does that mean someone has actually tried it? We're allowed water, but it has to be on the floor, but they get mad at you should you dare pick it up to take a sip.
r0manticide17
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Big liars. we're allowed water
Mark S
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by r0manticide17)
Big liars. we're allowed water
yes. they probably lied to rule out the risk of spilling the water over your exam paper. My friend next to me did his exam with the top off his bottle of water, i so badly wanted it to topple over
ghtrevgy
Rep:
?
yes. they probably lied to rule out the risk of spilling the water over your exam paper. My friend next to me did his exam with the top off his bottle of water, i so badly wanted it to topple over
LOL!
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lol were allowed basically anything, mate takes in a big 2litre bottle of orange squash into each exam and a 12pack of jaffa cakes, he usually has one left for me at the end, lol, but our school dont care, we dont even do that leave it on the floor thing, lol
The Colonel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
my school allows water they dont check the bottles and dont care if they have labels
henryt
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yah - there's nothing wrong with water in our exam room. Our school also allows energy sweets to "help us think" (but you can only have certain brands! They're so funny like that!)
Narsha
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
why would water affect you in any way?
It's just H2O!
fr browne
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes we got one in History, but they dont care about food/drink. Our school allows water (only) and does not check the labels, we all brought the water with the chemical sybols on for the science exam, proved useless because of the given data sheet but anyone can try stuff like that. We are also allowed sweets as long as it is an open packet (no ruslting) and the invigilators can have one. Jelly Babies are the personal favourite.
sherunsaway
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We're allowed water as long as you leave it on the floor so you don't spill it over your work. I find it very helpful to drink every half an hour or after long sections. Just makes me more relaxed to do the rest of the paper, and I work faster having the reward of allowing myself to drink once I finish the question. I don't think food is allowed in exams, particularly sweets with papers that make lots of noise, but I think in some of the 3 hour A level exams you are allowed sweets or chewing gum.
Dragonshorts
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Beware of chewing gum though- it is the thing our head hates most in the world, and at the end of term we all have to scrape any old chewing gum off the bottom of tables. Its GROSS, and you'd think the fact that everyone has to do it would put people of, but it seems that is not the case, so we all nick knifes from the canteen to use to do it...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.85%
No (386)
72.15%

Watched Threads