Water in the exam rooms? Watch

This discussion is closed.
The Colonel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by noofruit)
Beware of chewing gum though- it is the thing our head hates most in the world, and at the end of term we all have to scrape any old chewing gum off the bottom of tables. Its GROSS, and you'd think the fact that everyone has to do it would put people of, but it seems that is not the case, so we all nick knifes from the canteen to use to do it...
Nooooo how can they do that. I chew chewing gum in exams and nobody cares
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
Your school is perfectly entitled to make it's own rules on food/drink during exams. However, if it is very hot then you have a case for convincing them to allow water.
Ah yes, I was about to say. cus I remember people eating crisps in the exam room, which was kinda annoying with all the noises. ='o
king8585
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
were allowed any drink and if we dont hav one they give it to us in exams
blue_didi
Report 13 years ago
I like gum. =)
InTeRRoGaToR
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i was eating lockets yesterday in exam......when i took outta pocket one of the invigilators was proper lookin at me tryin to be proper clever as in 'I HAVE MY EYES ON U' and then i jus put a locket in my mouth and shrugged at her
she was ripped lol
motoroller
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
we had clean copies... even of LOTF......?? not fair...
blue_didi
Report 13 years ago
lord of ther flies is a great novel.
yay piggy.
InTeRRoGaToR
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i like lord of the flies aswell........when we read it as a class i played the part of roger....
does that say smt about my character lol
the guy that played jack in our class was a guy who was called jack with freckles and ginger hair (just as described in book) and this guy does actually get joy outta hurtin people.....he stabs cats and ducks!
Mustard-man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by OneAndOnly)
if you have to argue with them tell them how water helps you concentrate. thats why my school let us drink water in class during normal school because some research said it helped you to concentrate, so if they still refuse tell them they are jeapordising your exam results. and then cry. and they will surely let you take it in. and i dont think coke's aloud but some girl bought in a can and drank it (with the annoying click and fizz when she opened it), no one said anything.

cheers
water proven to help you concentrate? so does chewing gum doesn't it? helps you remeber better or something
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by seaspray)
Okay, my school say it is an "exam board rule" that water is not allowed during the exam except for a medical reason. However, some of my friends at a different school said they were allowed water.

Please can somebody confirm for me the correct "rule"....I will be furious if we are actually allowed and my school were just making up their own rules. I could have died of thirst this afternoon, it was so hot.

Thank you!

:tsr:

lol we take any drink into the exam room.....except anything with alcohol.......sure my first english paper....i had a large coffee in with me xoxo
Two Tone
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We can take in see through bottles of water, and sweets, but not chocolate. You need to unwrap the sweets before though.
hs_honey
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hey were allowed water!!AND allowed to chew gum, in our mocks we were allowed to take in sweets as well! So i don't know where you skool got the idea that your not!!!
Mustard-man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh yeah, I was allowed hot lemsip in a mug for my gcse english exam!
Everyone could smell it- max stregth
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (74)
27.41%
No (196)
72.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed