Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Does anyone know the kind of things that you can revise for Paper 4 (Higher Tier), which is the skills paper? I know you can revise grid references etc, but in the practice papers I have done, there has been like a theme for each one. For example, all of the questions for the 2004 were about farming, and in 2003 they were about shopping. Does anyone know what topic is likely to come up this year?

Thanks and good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    I remember my teacher said that the themes of the paper go in a cycle, so they know what will come up. Apparently this year it will be the EU and stuff (dunno what topic area that is). It's basically the topic that didn't come up in the paper on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I can't remember what wasn't on Monday's paper. I think plates, quality of life, and energy wasn't there? The EU is mentioned in farming, although this was on paper 2...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the topics that were (or weren't) on paper 2 on Monday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet_gurl)
    Thanks! I can't remember what wasn't on Monday's paper. I think plates, quality of life, and energy wasn't there? The EU is mentioned in farming, although this was on paper 2...
    Oh I must do a different syllabus to you then. I do the Avery Hill one.

ReputationRep:
    my teacher said thay overlap on a few different topics. i dont see how they would tie in plate tectonics tho seeing as maps are to do wiv england. coasts is quite common. btw wat do you reckon youll get geography overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by king8585)
    my teacher said thay overlap on a few different topics. i dont see how they would tie in plate tectonics tho seeing as maps are to do wiv england. coasts is quite common. btw wat do you reckon youll get geography overall.
    Yeah, I asked my teacher at school, and he said you may get a question on plates, although I thought it would be very unlikely. Do you think its best to revise everything just incase? I'm not sure what I'll get in geography, but I'm hoping to get an A*! How about you?

ReputationRep:
    yeh i hope to get a*. got 25% in courework. how did u find 1st exam. farming or coasts seems to be well likely to come up i reckon.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the first paper was ok, but it had more skills than I expected. I also got the 25% in the coursework! Hopefully we'll both get our A*s! I hope the next paper is good too.

ReputationRep:
    Plate tectonics in a map?

I thought it was about Uk always

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was the skills paper?
    isnt all map questions?

ReputationRep:
    i alredy no plates quite well its just we had a **** techer for coasts so ill revise dat as dats well likely as well as economic act i.ee agriculture reforms. btw i reckon rivers is likely to come up as it hasen't yet, fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by king8585)
    i alredy no plates quite well its just we had a **** techer for coasts so ill revise dat as dats well likely as well as economic act i.ee agriculture reforms. btw i reckon rivers is likely to come up as it hasen't yet, fingers crossed
    Hopefully these will come up then. How are you able to predict the ones which are likely to turn up?

ReputationRep:
    How much is this paper worth overall?

Coursework 25%, then the main exam....

....is paper 4 25% also?

Also does anyone know if it is 1 hour or 1 hour 15 mins?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosalily)
    How much is this paper worth overall?

Coursework 25%, then the main exam....

....is paper 4 25% also?

Also does anyone know if it is 1 hour or 1 hour 15 mins?
    1 Hour

ReputationRep:
    Just had this exam and I thought it was ok! How did everyone else find it?

ReputationRep:
    Yea mine went OK. Although I thought it was harder than Paper 2! What decision did you pick for the end? I only had like 30 seconds to check my answers, so dont know if I got anything wrong there.

ReputationRep:
    We didn't have a choice on what question to pick, as we have to answer all the questions. Are you doing specification A?

ReputationRep:
    No sorry im doing B!

ReputationRep:
    Oh it doesn't matter, I'm sure you've done great though!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.