Turn on thread page Beta

Just got ID'd.. watch

ReputationRep:
    In tesco they refused to sell me cigarettes, I was 19 at the time, I was mortified.

ReputationRep:
    I had a couple of years out before I went to Uni, so after the last exam, last year, I was with my mates who were 18/19 and we went for a drink, like you do and I was the only one getting ID'd...bearing in mind I was 21 :eek: and the other day I was asked for ID when I bought a bottle of wine, I just laughed and said 'you're joking me' then I saw his serious face...maybes not lol so just got my 19 y/o brother to buy it for me

ReputationRep:
    Oooh and look at this sign IN the shop I got ID'd in for the wine...

It's not my fault I get confused :confused: Its down to the place I live

Sorry pic is small, used my phone!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I AM 18! before u read this!

I havn't been id'd yet and ive been in pubs and clubs hundreds of times (since i was 18 anyway)

but i dont have any form of ID yet as my passport had expired.

So the other day me and my boyfriend were buying a few drinks from the local co-op and my boyfriend showed his ID, yet they still wouldnt sell it to us because apparnetly i 'looked' under 18 (even when one of the people on the counter was our friend and told her i was 18!!!!)

the cheek of it! i thought they had to sell it to people who provide ID? the drinks were larger anyway...and i hate the stuff so it was purely for him, and that was blatinly obvious...

so anyway we just went up the street to another shop and brought some CHEAPER ones there!lol

ReputationRep:
    I really don't see why people get so miffed about being IDed. If you're underage then you shouldn't be doing it, so why are you complaining about people following the law? :confused: And if you're not underage, then these people are just doing their jobs and following the law so what's the big problem?

Incidentally, what IDs are always accepted? Just I don't fancy carrying my passport everywhere when I go to uni cos I'm sure I'll lose it

ReputationRep:
    it's normally only passports and driving licenses these days.

Although some places will accept proof of age cards, such as conexxions cards..but these places are getting fewer and fewer

Only 4 weeks today until I can legally get in places! woo

ReputationRep:
    i get annoyed about being id'd because i cant afford a enw passport so therefore cant afford any form of ID.

so naturally im going to be annoyed when i get Id'd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
    ummm yes actually... seriously though, the people who work in there as a full time job work in supermarkets for a reason.
    to get money yes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cazzi_Bear)
    i get annoyed about being id'd because i cant afford a enw passport so therefore cant afford any form of ID.

is a provisional driving licence not cheaper?

ReputationRep:
    There are some places that ID people who look under 25 or something, as a blanket policy.

I think it's a good policy, personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cazzi_Bear)

An expired/cancelled passport is a perfectly acceptable form of ID to prove your age. After all, they still have your date of birth on.

Marcus

ReputationRep:
    I used to use my expired passport until I lost it.

As for the comments on shop workers being retarded-I work in a shop,am clearly not retarded and I'm so sick of being treated like I'm thick and looked at like I'm a piece of dirt stuck to a person's shoe.This one guy blamed ME because he didn't have enough money for a lighter,then stormed out huffing and puffing!

I'm there to earn money to study for a law degree for god's sake....I often feel like screaming this in their face but obviously..I won't.

I've been too scared to ID anyone yet....but there hasn't been anyone who has looked underage really...I just don't want to ID someone and for them to go,"Er,duh I'm 43 ******...." or something.

Of course if they looked younger than 16/18 I would ID.I get scared of the chavs though...this really drugged up one came in asking what cigarettes we had,he was leaning over the counter and he stunk of god only knows what....I'd have ID-ed him if he hadn't walked out mumbling,"They have got any f**king ten's in Lamberts!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusfox)
    An expired/cancelled passport is a perfectly acceptable form of ID to prove your age. After all, they still have your date of birth on.

Marcus

A lot of places won't take it.

It's up to the establishment in question to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparklyglitter)
    I used to use my expired passport until I lost it.

As for the comments on shop workers being retarded-I work in a shop,am clearly not retarded and I'm so sick of being treated like I'm thick and looked at like I'm a piece of dirt stuck to a person's shoe.This one guy blamed ME because he didn't have enough money for a lighter,then stormed out huffing and puffing!

I'm there to earn money to study for a law degree for god's sake....I often feel like screaming this in their face but obviously..I won't.

I've been too scared to ID anyone yet....but there hasn't been anyone who has looked underage really...I just don't want to ID someone and for them to go,"Er,duh I'm 43 ******...." or something.

Of course if they looked younger than 16/18 I would ID.I get scared of the chavs though...this really drugged up one came in asking what cigarettes we had,he was leaning over the counter and he stunk of god only knows what....I'd have ID-ed him if he hadn't walked out mumbling,"They have got any f**king ten's in Lamberts!"

ID anyone who looks under thirty and then say it's company policy.
    Or talk to your manager aboiut it.

I'm sure they'd rather a few disgruntled customers than get fined and lose their licence for selling stuff to kids.

ReputationRep:
    Ye-well I wouldn't sell anything to anyone obviously underage-like,we always get foreign exchange students coming in that always get ID-ed...then they pretend not to speak English.'tis very funny.

I'm sure once I've ID-ed someone once I'll be fine.Lol.In fact,it's my mission that next weekend I ID someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparklyglitter)
    Ye-well I wouldn't sell anything to anyone obviously underage-like,we always get foreign exchange students coming in that always get ID-ed...then they pretend not to speak English.'tis very funny.

I'm sure once I've ID-ed someone once I'll be fine.Lol.In fact,it's my mission that next weekend I ID someone.

It gets easier.

You get a lot of 13/14/15 year olds that look much older. Be careful, and just ID anyway. Anyone who goes overboard with being upset by that was probably underage anyway, and not your problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    It gets easier.

You get a lot of 13/14/15 year olds that look much older. Be careful, and just ID anyway. Anyone who goes overboard with being upset by that was probably underage anyway, and not your problem.
    Agreed most people who are 18 will just laugh it off and not be bothered by it, but when they start getting irrate you knows they are underage.

I dont mind getting Id'd, use my provisonal as my passport is alot more important if i lose it.

There needs to be some form of Id released that is cehapish to get say around a tenner, governemtn sponspored and is accpeted by all clubs etc. Another argument for ID cards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goody1)
    Agreed most people who are 18 will just laugh it off and not be bothered by it, but when they start getting irrate you knows they are underage.

I dont mind getting Id'd, use my provisonal as my passport is alot more important if i lose it.

There needs to be some form of Id released that is cehapish to get say around a tenner, governemtn sponspored and is accpeted by all clubs etc. Another argument for ID cards.
    There are plenty. Portman Group proof of age card. Citizen Card. NUS card. ISIC card - all of these are under £10, or free for NUS card last time I checked.

Marcus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusfox)
    There are plenty. Portman Group proof of age card. Citizen Card. NUS card. ISIC card - all of these are under £10, or free for NUS card last time I checked.

Marcus
    Yeh they came round offering portman cards, but unfortunatley not that many clubs/bars accept em.

ReputationRep:
    My god, if i get Id'd, especially for 15+ games and dvds (doesnt happen regularly but there are some fluck tards who do) i smush my fat ID card in their face as if to say 'HERE YA GO ID YOU B**TARD'

Nice feeling.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.