Turn on thread page Beta

Just got ID'd.. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusfox)
    There are plenty. Portman Group proof of age card. Citizen Card. NUS card. ISIC card - all of these are under £10, or free for NUS card last time I checked.

Marcus
    Its a shame you can't use most of them, where I used to live they accepted driving licenses and passports, thats it.

ReputationRep:
    when i was working in retail we were told that we had to ID anywho who looked under 21 as if it's a test by the police/mystery shoppers etc not only could the company lose their power to sell whatever the good is but you personally can be fined too. they're just protecting their job and income. you'll be pleased when you're older!

ReputationRep:
    i actually got id'd when buying Goodfellas - well trying to, since i still have 3 weeks until im 18 >_<

Its the first time I have been ID'd for a ferking DVD. I was mightily peed off.

I also got ID's going into Liquid in Wrexham last week. I got in though, by saying I didnt have any ID, but have got my debit card (a solo card, which you can get from 16+) and the bouncer let me in saying you cant have a debit card until your 18. I was laughing all the way to the bar

ReputationRep:
    When me and my friend were 14 we never got asked for ID when buying cigs and we actually bought alcohol too. I do look quite young and that's mainly because I am very short but since I turned 18 I don't normally get asked for ID and I have bought alcohol in shops where they ask if you don't look 21 but I still get asked for ID when buying cigs.

Me and my friends went to the pub for some lunch one day and we got asked for ID. My friend thinks it was because it was in college hours and the pub is very close to the college. All of us were 18 and so showed the landlord our ID. Me and one lad had our provisional licenses and our other friend had her full drivers license. Anyway we ended up getting chucked out because apparently you can't be in a pub under the age of 18 and a provisional license isn't a valid form of ID :mad: He came over kissing my backside the next night though when I turned up with my passport.

ReputationRep:
    Omg! A provisional license is perfectly acceptable! How rude of him!
    I personally feel quite chuffed when I get asked for ID. I look young? Moi?
    You realise that the shop/bar/club/pub can get into serious trouble for selling items to people who are underage...it's not all about you.

ReputationRep:
    I was so angry when he wouldn't accept my provisional. I said to him "Look it has my photograph and date of birth" and he told me that it wasn't a valid form of ID and I was welcome to go to the police station to find out more! How rude. I told my friend who is a police woman and she confirmed to me that I could use my provisional. I have never had any problems with it in the past.

A couple of shops in my town have been closed down in the past few years for selling alcohol to under age kids.

ReputationRep:
    do u people who work in bars/ clubs/ shops selling alcohol only accept certain forms of id or if someone whipped out a legitimate looking one that u didnt recognise would u accept that (e.g. some form of student card)?

ReputationRep:
    oh yeh- (personal achievement)- i am 16, a year ago i looked about 12/13, last week i went into coral to put a bet on a horse for my mum, not very optimistic, but didnt even get a funny look. they just let me put the bet on without even id'ing me, and the guy who let me do it looked about 40 so must have known poss consequences for allowing underage gambling. i think coral is quite a big betting firm and am i wrong in sayin you need to be 18 to gamble?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazzinio)
    oh yeh- (personal achievement)- i am 16, a year ago i looked about 12/13, last week i went into coral to put a bet on a horse for my mum, not very optimistic, but didnt even get a funny look. they just let me put the bet on without even id'ing me, and the guy who let me do it looked about 40 so must have known poss consequences for allowing underage gambling. i think coral is quite a big betting firm and am i wrong in sayin you need to be 18 to gamble?
    Nope you gotta be 18 well to do most gambling anyway.obviously the lotteryis an exception.

But tbh bookies dont really care as there is almost null chacne of them getting caught as the big thing at the moment is bineg drinking, which is why at the moement its getting stricter and stricter.

Lets face it when you walk in a bookies they dont see your face they jsut seea rotating pound sign! although tbf mymate once got id'd at ladbrokes in Manchester cirty centre so it isnt unheard of!.

ReputationRep:
    do u people who work in bars/ clubs/ shops selling alcohol only accept certain forms of id or if someone whipped out a legitimate looking one that u didnt recognise would u accept that (e.g. some form of student card)?
    Wouldnt waste your money mate, only people with 3 brain cells would accpet a fake id as there normally for some dodgey university like, the university for america studies north coast or some other elaborate name, as places arn't allowed to make ids that official like uni cards, drivers licenses etc.

Suppose the only way to get a decent fake id is to find some people smugglong ring and buy a passport not reconmended like!

ReputationRep:
    People normally spend ages deciding whether to serve me if they ask for ID. They look at my picture and then at me and then at the picture again and sometimes I have to point out that it is me on the picture but I just have different colour hair now. I was blonde when I had my picture taken but my hair colour changes all the time now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goody1)
    Wouldnt waste your money mate, only people with 3 brain cells would accpet a fake id as there normally for some dodgey university like, the university for america studies north coast or some other elaborate name, as places arn't allowed to make ids that official like uni cards, drivers licenses etc.

Suppose the only way to get a decent fake id is to find some people smugglong ring and buy a passport not reconmended like!
    ive got two very...effective fake ids.

ReputationRep:
    ive got two very...effective fake ids.
    Well theymust damn effective if they actually, round here (manchester) all clubs/bars/pubs only accept Passports or Drivers licenses including provisionals and some are now taking portman group aswell but very few.

ReputationRep:
    I am nearly 18, but I am 5 foot 1 so I sometimes have to prove that I am 15 in cinemas and stuff. It sucks being short.

ReputationRep:
    LOL, im the same height as you and im 18 ive never had trouble getting into the cinema or nightclubs lol its really strange because i always think that im going to get asked. I agree, sometimes it does suck being short!

ReputationRep:
    I once got ID'd to buy some tippex

ReputationRep:
    Omg yes i remember that happening to me, I was 17 and she wouldn't sell it to me because it was flammable! lol

ReputationRep:
    My bro got ID'd in a pub for a lemonade once, he was 21 and looked that old as well. The barman was just being a ****.

ReputationRep:
    lol, thats just ridiculous. I remember once i was in Boots with my mum and she went to buy some kind of painkillers and the girl that served us asked my mum if she was over 18, lol how stupid!

ReputationRep:
    My mum once got id'd to go into a club, which was ridiculous cos she was 40-something at the time

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.