Turn on thread page Beta

Just got ID'd.. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazzinio)
    do u people who work in bars/ clubs/ shops selling alcohol only accept certain forms of id or if someone whipped out a legitimate looking one that u didnt recognise would u accept that (e.g. some form of student card)?
    No I wouldn't. If its not a passport, driving license, or portman group card then I can't serve them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rach1986)
    My bro got ID'd in a pub for a lemonade once, he was 21 and looked that old as well. The barman was just being a ****.
    No he wasn't. Depending on the type of license the pub had he may well have had to be 18 to even be in there, regardless of weather he was drinking alcohol or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twiga)
    No I wouldn't. If its not a passport, driving license, or portman group card then I can't serve them.
    kool. one of my id's is dangerously similar to a portman group 'prove it!' age card

ReputationRep:
    my sister's fiancee got ID'd for cigarettes aged 21!

ReputationRep:
    Each shop/pub/club has to instruct its staff on acceptable proof and they have big posters to put up in staff rooms etc so you can check, they're also (i believe) required to do spot checks so staff know how old you have to be to buy asprin say and how much . DL/PL , passport, EU ID card/DL are all valid as are NUS but i dont believe individual uni/college cards are as you don't know if they're fake. Connexions cards are also sposd to be valid but i know of people who rang connexions up and said they'd got the wrong card and got someone else's or said their DOB was wrong to get fake ID. personally i loved ID'ing lil chavs for their cigs. also back to someone earlier the reason you were not served alcohol as you didnt have ID but the person buying with you did is that if you had turned out to be a minor then they still could have got in trouble as would the buyer.
    I love being ID'd as it means the club is less likely to be a creche where you're going to be surrounded by 15yo who want to get smashed and that's it. I'm good without being groped by a child.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brown Eyed Girl)
    ive been able to get into clubs since i was 15.

half the bouncers don't judge it on how you look they judge it on how you act.

in shops... they usualy try and id every one who looks under 50... just in case

(Original post by Luize)
    Just so you know...if you serve someone underage it is the person that serves you that will get fined. And it is not cheap.
    The shop you work in usually won't be happy either. I had to ID anyone that looked under 21 when I was working.

in regards to the bouncers one the last club i worked at they were s*it. the bouncers never id'd anyone unless they wanted t oget the age for 'personal' reasons - and to the other one its so g*y that the fines go the the person that serves the underage person, and most pubs/clubs wont even help out, and the club a friend of mine works in she is the one whos been told off for asking for id and refusing to serve some1 when she knew they were underage.

its retarded...

ReputationRep:
    I was Id'd when buying razor blades, and I'm 26. The kid who served me must have been 14. I just handed over my passport and watched him screw his face up as he tried to take 1979 away from 2005.

As an aside, my boss of the club where I work has said that the club will pay our fine if we're caught out serving someone underage, as it's up to door security who they let in or not. But he also said that if we know the person is underage, not to serve them, regardless of the above.

Marcus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusfox)
    I was Id'd when buying razor blades, and I'm 26. The kid who served me must have been 14. I just handed over my passport and watched him screw his face up as he tried to take 1979 away from 2005.

As an aside, my boss of the club where I work has said that the club will pay our fine if we're caught out serving someone underage, as it's up to door security who they let in or not. But he also said that if we know the person is underage, not to serve them, regardless of the above.

Marcus
    thats really good for your club, not alot of places would do that, most places say even tho the bouncers and door staff let them in, its us who serves them, so us who have fines to pay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    you have to be 18 to be at uni and have a credit card.
    There are cards now solo ones from the age of 12 - and also you could be really clever and be at uni really young

ReputationRep:
    My 43 year old Auntie got ID'd buying beer in a theme park in America. I know their drinking age is older than ours but theres no way she looks 21!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.