Accomodation???? Watch

PrettyFaerie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
okay i jus wanna knw a bit more about my accomodation as i dnt knw wot it will look lyk or anything :confused: so..

for the catered accomodation does anyone knw if we get a mini kitchen, and if we do wots in it e.g. fridge, kettle cooker or freezer??? and do we get an iron and does anyone have any idea what colour the rooms are :confused: :eek3:
Daftdonkey
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What hall/block are you in??
Aphotic Cosmos
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It depends on which block - there's lots of catered accomodation. Unless you're in John Foster where the rooms are all standard, it's hard to guess what your room will be like.
PirateFlag
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I know that in Beaumont when i visited theres is a small kitchen to make snacks in and cups of tea. I think it includes a fridge, microwave, a small oven-hob thing, and from what i saw a toastie maker haha.

It all depends on where you are staying.
handy0304
Report 9 years ago
I was in catered halls in GMS last year, we all had a decent sized cupboard, fridge (although not much space in it!... there was a small freezer bit at the top too, just enought to fit approximately 2 tubs of ben and jerry's in!), microwave kettle, wierd plug in hob thing with grill underneath and then someone bought a toaster (or 2), a toastie maker and a mini oven.

Tip tho if u want to usea bigger kitchen... make friends in self catered accomodation!!!
PrettyFaerie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Daftdonkey)
What hall/block are you in??

oh yea! :rolleyes: i forgot to say sorry... im in digby halls (red block) to be exact but ive neva seen it so the more info i get the betta
thnx
SimpleStudent
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by PrettyFaerie)
oh yea! :rolleyes: i forgot to say sorry... im in digby halls (red block) to be exact but ive neva seen it so the more info i get the betta
thnx
Your'll have two small kicthens in your block. One on either floor. Your have a small fridge to share between 12 people so room will be very tight. I think theres only one freezer between both kitchens to which was located in the top kicthen last year. This freezer is tiny, roughly the size of a shoebox, but luckily you're closest to asda and catered so don't need to be that concerned about freezing stuff. There will be a grill and oven and a microwave, but no kettle or toaster, you will have to provide these as far as I'm aware. There is also and iron and an ironing board in the airing room on the top floor. Room colours are generally cream.

Hope that helps.
Kasphlam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
thnx
http://img524.imageshack.us/i/redblock1.jpg/
http://img7.imageshack.us/i/redblock2.jpg/
http://img7.imageshack.us/i/redblock3.jpg/

There's the red block rooms! I'm in yellow.
L3ann3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SimpleStudent)
Your'll have two small kicthens in your block. One on either floor. Your have a small fridge to share between 12 people so room will be very tight. I think theres only one freezer between both kitchens to which was located in the top kicthen last year. This freezer is tiny, roughly the size of a shoebox, but luckily you're closest to asda and catered so don't need to be that concerned about freezing stuff. There will be a grill and oven and a microwave, but no kettle or toaster, you will have to provide these as far as I'm aware. There is also and iron and an ironing board in the airing room on the top floor. Room colours are generally cream.

Hope that helps.
There isn't an actual, like big oven, it is just one of those mini oven things. The top floor kitchen in red block is alright but it isn't anything to write home about. It is like a galley kitchen along a corridor.
PrettyFaerie
Rep:
?
Thanks for that guys that reallly was helpful!!!! btw im in a premium room so does that make a difference ???
Kasphlam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thanks for that guys that reallly was helpful!!!! btw im in a premium room so does that make a difference ???
That just means you have as sink IIRC :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• De Montfort University
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (291)
37.55%
No - but I will (55)
7.1%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.23%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.13%

Watched Threads