Really cheap bus service from Clifton to CC (esp for trains users) (I think) Watch

bobmarley88
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Basically, my situation is that I'm meant to be traveling back to my hometown (which is about an hour away, by train) every Saturday to keep my job, and I can't afford to keep my car, at least for this year. So I've been looking up advanced fares etc, with my Natwest railcard, but to get to the train station I need a bus from Clifton to the city centre, and when I got halfway through the booking of the train tickets, they offered me this:

PLUSBUS

Add discount price bus travel around town to your train ticket(s).

A PLUSBUS ticket gives you unlimited bus travel on participating operators' services, around the whole urban area of your
chosen town(s). It can save you money and is more convenient than buying separate tickets.

To check travel zones and participating bus operators visit: www.plusbus.info
The price shown is the total for ALL passengers. The following PLUSBUS tickets are available:

Plusbus

* £1.80 NOTTINGHAM+BUS(Sat 10/10/2009)
So I thought £1.80 sounded really cheap for unlimited bus and tram etc travel all day, even if I'm only gonna use it for one journey. I had a look on their website - plusbus.info - and they actually do go everywhere and include practically all journeys - including one from right outside Clifton to all over the city centre. They give you a link to Nottingham's bus travel planner website, so you can check if they go where you want.

You have to buy it when you buy train tickets but you can buy season tickets and everything I think.

Maybe everyone already knows about this but it's solved quite a big problem for me (I think!), so I thought I'd tell you.
frenchcat53
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
In the freshers pack you get a leaflet about the unilink which is £249 for the entire academic year which also includes travel on the buses in the city centre. Works out about £1.20 a day. It also stops outside the train station.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day - City Campus Only Postgraduate
    Tue, 11 Jun '19
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 30 Jan '20

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.78%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (701)
47.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise