NUS Card Watch

Pannell90
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Does anyone have one? I noticed in the welcome pack I got from NTU this morning that quite a few clubs have "NUS Only" but I don't know anyone who has an NUS card..?
bobmarley88
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you sign up to Lloyds TSB you can get a free one. I did and I don't even use the Lloyd's bank account (I had a savings account there last year but I moved the money out of it this Spring), I use Natwest, but for the Lloyds bank account they don't even ask that you use the account. And anyway, once they've sent you the card, they can't take it back can they?

The NUS card is really good IMO, what with Topshop, food, cinema, club entry discounts etc.
Aspiring
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've received mine and had my first discounted purchases at Matalan last Sunday Matalan would only give discount on production of a valid NUS card.
Pop_tart
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bobmarley88)
If you sign up to Lloyds TSB you can get a free one.

The NUS card is really good IMO, what with Topshop, food, cinema, club entry discounts etc.
NO, if you sign up you get a NUS extra card, which has a bit more discounts than the normal NUS card (see below).
You can apply for your NUS card at the Student Union of your university I thought --> http://www.trentstudents.org/

''Free NUS Extra Card
We’re the only bank to offer you a free NUS Extra Card worth £10. With your NUS Extra Card, you’ll be able to get great savings on books, clothes, travel, DVDs, CDs, games, magazines, and computer and phone technology, as well as a range of exclusive competitions. NUS Extra’s exclusive discounts are available from many of your favourite brands like Amazon, McDonald’s, Superdrug, Matalan, La Senza, Warehouse, JJB Sports, Odeon, Office and Oasis.The card will be for the 2009/2010 academic year - we'll send you details on how to apply shortly after you’ve opened your account.''
.X.alysha.X.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Aspiring)
I've received mine and had my first discounted purchases at Matalan last Sunday Matalan would only give discount on production of a valid NUS card.
how did you get yours? because when I went online to buy mine form the NUS website, it asked me for my student union ID number or something like that, which I dont know yet, or is that just the same as our basic individual NTU number?
Pop_tart
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by .X.alysha.X.)
how did you get yours? because when I went online to buy mine form the NUS website, it asked me for my student union ID number or something like that, which I dont know yet, or is that just the same as our basic individual NTU number?
on the NUS website you can only order NUS extra i think!!!
BeanofJelly
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I would like to get an NUS card - but I'd rather not spend the money in doing so. So my dirty plan is to cheat lloyds out of one of theirs.
My problem: one of the conditions of opening a lloyds student account is that you hold no other student accounts with any other banks. I have a student account with Natwest. Is lloyds actually in position to identify I have a student account with another bank - or does natwest hold my details in confidentiality? Could they take action against me if they discover I've tried to fraud them or would they just not send me the card?
SashaZoe
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Don't the university give you one?? I'm not sure of this though... Any input? Is it part of the trent id card?
Pop_tart
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SashaZoe)
Don't the university give you one?? I'm not sure of this though... Any input? Is it part of the trent id card?

lol well i said that twice :P even gave links but no one is listening :p:

:woo: :woo: :woo:
SashaZoe
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Pop_tart)
lol well i said that twice :P even gave links but no one is listening :p:

:woo: :woo: :woo:
Sorry, I did read what you said, but it doesnt say anything on the union website, so i was just clarifying how you get one? Cause I don't want a nus extra, because you have to pay for that, I just want the normal one? If there is such a thing.
Pop_tart
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SashaZoe)
Sorry, I did read what you said, but it doesnt say anything on the union website, so i was just clarifying how you get one? Cause I don't want a nus extra, because you have to pay for that, I just want the normal one? If there is such a thing.
yes there is a normal one lol. I think when you join your student union you will get a NUS card or you get the chance to apply for one
SashaZoe
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ok then, thats great, thanks hopefully will be able t sort it out during freshers
frenchcat53
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wouldnt the normal NUS card just be your student card at Trent? It proves you're at uni so some places will accept it for discounts as well eg the cinema.
I'll probably get the NUS extra card as well. Family like to use it as well lol
Pop_tart
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
this could be .. but I dont think so. I think you will get seperate cards!
frenchcat53
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Pannell90)
Does anyone have one? I noticed in the welcome pack I got from NTU this morning that quite a few clubs have "NUS Only" but I don't know anyone who has an NUS card..?
Reading back to what the OP said, I get th impression that our student cards we will recieve would surfice as some of the events are open to non students as well or bring a guest etc, so a valid Nottingham Trent student card should be enough.
Aspiring
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by .X.alysha.X.)
My student union webpage had a link to NUS website and I purchased it that way. It was then delivered to the Student Union and I collected from them.
fruitfox
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I am so confused... do you automatically get an nus card when you start at trent? or do you need to send off for it before you go?
xzoe18x
Report 9 years ago
I think you get one from the Uni when you start (I think its just your Uni card with your picture on) but the NUS Extra card you pay for and get more discount in more places! x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day - City Campus Only Postgraduate
    Tue, 11 Jun '19
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 30 Jan '20

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.82%
No - but I will (46)
6.76%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.5%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (319)
46.91%

Watched Threads