Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I always wondered y is it , when u get on the bus , there will be a point on ur journey when the bus driver just stops his bus at the stop for like 5 mins for no good reason and then carries on ?????

can someone explain ???? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    it's so that the bus driver is not early for the next bus stop. They have to be at certain stations at specific times to stop them being late or early, preventing a knock on effect for the rest of the buses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steerpike)
    it's so that the bus driver is not early for the next bus stop. They have to be at certain stations at specific times to stop them being late or early, preventing a knock on effect for the rest of the buses.
    And to annoy the passengers

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for bus drivers , they get so much crap thrown at them ,

ReputationRep:
    i hate going on bus's now
    with the idiots upstairs smoking... not just ****
    its disguting
    i would hate to have to put up with it all day

ReputationRep:
    one of the bus drivers wouldn't let me on the bus the otherday,he wouldn't let me use my buspass to get in to college and i don't have any money, what if i'd had an exam, i'd have been screwed

ReputationRep:
    I like buses
    They tend to wait at 'important' stops - stations and town centres.
    I do prefer trains, although they're more expensive.

ReputationRep:
    i have the same bus driver each morning... he waits at my stop

hehe

ReputationRep:
    I was once stuck on a bus for five minutes waiting while the bus driver went into the newsagents to buy a pack of cigs or something like that.

I was so annoyed because I was late for something, and was so going to ring the bus company to complain...I didn't in the end.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.