Ear piercings not healed after 13 weeks! Watch

tellybean
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No, it doesn't help when you've already been pierced with a gun, but it does help spread the word. Piercing guns are bad, they create more trauma to ears than needles and cause unnecessary scarring. As for needles passing on diseases, that is absolutely false. A piercing needle should only be used once, or on one person. It comes in a sealed packaged that shouldn't be opened before it's about to be used. If your piercer has them opened already, that's a sign that you should leave.
Yougotownedson
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That’s messed up man. Be a bit nicer huh? No matter how bad guns may be, I haven’t died from mine or gotten them infected. It’s different for everyone and maybe you had a bad experience there but don’t call someone dumb for it. I went to a tattoo parlor and my ear isn’t messed up. Who knew someone could get so heated from someone else’s piercings.
Xjabnrlv_saadx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Get some titanium/ bioflex studs as they are hypoallergenic so will stop any allergic reactions. My second lobes still flare up now even though they are 4/5 years old. Definitely don’t use the solution Claire’s gave you but mix your own saline solution by boiling water and grinding non iodized salt into it. Mix well. Soak a cotton pad in the water and wrap the cotton pad around the piercing site, make sure that the pad is as hot as you can possibly stand it. Take some pain relief for the pain. Clean the piercing with witch hazel 3 times a week to clean up infection. Most importantly don’t touch with dirty hands and don’t change the jewellery once you’ve put titanium studs in. Any other unreactive metals will also work (silver/ gold/ platinum...) steer well clear from nickel and cobalt (likely what you were pierced with however they usually have silver plating which wears off after a while, hence why you are now reacting to the studs). It sounds like your problem is that you are reacting to the metal which is why you’re not healing.

If you have an infection see your GP.
Shalla
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got my ears pierced and now it has been 5-6 weeks. I got infected and i had antibiotics and I applied a antibiotic cream as well. But its still abit swollen and paining (better than before) what should i do
Helenaparkinson
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have ear lobe infection can't get earimg back in have bump behind my left ear someone said when ear dry up its healing so told me leave earing out of ear
6astrobabe9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah sometimes your body will reject peircings
i didi,mwkskxkx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That’s kinda rude, i got my ears pierced at claire’s and they healed in 5 weeks, she just got the wrong guy to pierce her ears, sis gotta go to the doc
EstelleA
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wash it with salt water with a cotton bud around your piercing. Never go to Claire’s to get your ears pierced- I got mine done there too and it was horrible (not to mention expensive!)

Don’t play around with your piercings, don’t touch them a lot. I got my second lobes done at Claire’s (big mistake) and then got my cartilage and tragus pierced at a small shop, where they did it with a needle (aka the right and safe way!)

Good luck though! It will heal soon if you take good care of it.
Adeliene
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Guns are made of plastic so they can't be properly sterilized. Needles are only used once and then thrown away.
smol_lil
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
just for the record, calling someone a foul name for choosing to go to a certain place for an ear piecing just shows what kind of a piece of crap you actually are, and because you're so rude and biased and this person just asked a simple innocent question I advise anyone who reads this comment not to listen to it. Both my sister and mother got their ears pierced with guns and neither of them have ever had any problems over the years.
mollyanderins
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
My daughter had the same thing! Her 2nd ear piercing wasn't healing correctly and was hurting her VERY badly! There want a tattoo shop near us and i thought claire's would be fine! We even tried neosprin and that didn't work! Does any have any tips!? It's been like 3 months! And they also don't look infected?!
mollyanderins
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
My daughter got her ears 2nd pierced at claire's because she got her first one done there and it was fine! But now it has been 6 weeks and her double piercings are still VERY painful to her! There is no sign of infection but she had studs and they were trying to poke through her skin. We have tried neosporian, and literally everything! Please leave some tips
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
Is it a double helix piercing? Would you mind clarifying the poking through her skin part?
s817
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You shouldn't have taken them out. Your meant to keep them in for a couple of months until everything's fully healed or longer, for as long as possible really, their not meant to be taken out after 6 weeks. You posted this 10 years ago, what happened?
Stardust226
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Its funny cause when I got my ear pierced at Claire's, they used a completely new gun and I noticed my ear were perfectly fine. Mine didn't heal properly though cause I tried taking them out and I guess i accidentally tore the skin a little and then made a new hour when i tried putting the earring back in. My ears are extremely sensitive and take a really long time to heal, I'm also allergic to a lot of stuff when it comes to earrings but that wasn't it. My piercings just don't want to heal. Seems like many people when it's their second piercing then it just doesn't heal as well as the first one but it all depends on the person.
nazarovboris
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by jenny28)
I got my ears pierced at claires and followed all the aftercare and cleaned them twice a day and twisted them etc. I took them out at 6 weeks but they didn't look completely healed but now its been 13 weeks and they still aren't. It is my second ear lobe piercing and my other ones healed up fine despite being done at a hairdressers that didn't really do it properly (didn't even wash thier hands properly!!!!). Is it possible they are infected??? They don't really look like it though? Should i go to a doctor or go back to claires??? Is there anyway of making them heal quicker?? Also im pretty sure im not allergic to the metal as they were fine for the first few weeks! thanks for any help!
Piercing's would normally take 12-24 weeks to get totally healed.
yzanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I got mine done properly and safely with a gun at the chemists for first time round - mine still took a while to heal and were sore when I tried to put them in and out / would close up in seconds.

It's been since last year April now, they're pretty solid now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (348)
60.1%
Yes- I don't like it (31)
5.35%
No- I want it (159)
27.46%
No- I don't want it (41)
7.08%

Watched Threads