Ear piercings not healed after 13 weeks!

Watch
5p1k3
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
Firstly, you're a dumbass for going to Claire's for a piercing. Sorry, I had to get that out, couldn't hold onto it any longer.

Moving on... 6 weeks is only a very very rough estimate. It doesn't guarantee anything, and at 6 weeks I'd be extremely shocked if your piercing had fully healed in that time. 6 weeks is a ridiculous estimate given by people who work at Claire's accessories, who don't know any better.

Piercing guns are ******** and should not be used for any piercing at all. There is risk of transmitting infections like HIV and Hepatitis from these piercing guns, so DON'T GET PIERCED WITH A GUN. The "jewellery" supplied with these guns are NOT SUITABLE for a fresh piercing, as they are too blunt, too short and a lower grade metal (gold contains a lot of nickel, which irritates a hell of a lot of people).

I advise you to find yourself a decent piercing studio - they usually come attached to Tattoo parlours, so it's not hard to find them. Ask them to change the jewellery into something more suitable, for example a titanium BCR or barbell and just to check everything's in order. In future, always always have piercings done with a sterile needle by a professional piercer - not some shop assistant in claire's-****ing-accessories.
ive gotten my ears peirced many times. they dont get infected but dont heal at all. been over a year.
FrogBeyz
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
My mum said that there is some type of wool thing, and before it was bleeding a bit because of dry skin, it has been about 15 weeks. I'm very scared about what to do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (101)
34.83%
Yes - a trusted person (81)
27.93%
No (77)
26.55%
I'm not sure (31)
10.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed