Nothing from Student Finance - Uni in 3 days Watch

Robbers
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I'm in a sodding puddle. I sent all my stuff off to student finance before the deadline and such, yet i've only just got back my passport and mums P60. I try and ring yet when I can get through they just say it's being 'processed'. Starting to get quite worried as i'm off Saturday morning.

Anybody else stuck like this?
ryan12891
Badges: 8
Report 9 years ago
I'm living at home so its not the rent/living costs that I'm worried about (although I will have to borrow off my parents). Its the fact that my Uni want their money, and i dont think I can enrol without the relevent forms from SF
bretj89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes - mother ******* yes. I was just about to ring them actually. It's taking the piss, but even if I voice my complaints it's just another carriage on the 'student finance is ****' train.
kat2pult
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm in exactly the same position. I'm getting really anxious now. I'm moving in on Saturday too.
Random Gecko
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yep, very similar. I've discovered today they told me to sign and send in the wrong form too (page 21 instead of 14). I am literally shocked at their incompetence to the point I no longer even know what to say.
rosieee91
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Exact same position. I've got to live off my £500 overdraft until I get my loan. Edit - which will probably in October/November!
ukmaxi
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ryan12891)
I'm living at home so its not the rent/living costs that I'm worried about (although I will have to borrow off my parents). Its the fact that my Uni want their money, and i dont think I can enrol without the relevent forms from SF
If you contact your university, they might be willing to defer demands of payment. either that or apply for emergency funding. It seems like most of the problems are in the financialy assesed applicants. Therefore putting a drag of completeing those who are not being financially assesed. Its a situation which will eventually resolve itself. Boy i would hate to be working for the SLC right now, they must go home with tremendous headaches and guilt.
Gaara.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Looks like you will have to wait a couple of weeks before it gets approved.
Can't you ask your rent to defer payment until you get the loan?
And can you live off your overdraft till you get the money?
ozmas12
Report 9 years ago
ive had 3 different declaration froms sent to me, and ive sent them all back with signatures, god knows what is going on there
KillerChic
Report 9 years ago
I know how you feel, there was an article in the Times last Saturday which spoke about this issue with student finance, they are having trouble with the large amount of students applying this year
couture_kid
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by KillerChic)
I know how you feel, there was an article in the Times last Saturday which spoke about this issue with student finance, they are having trouble with the large amount of students applying this year
I read this too... they screwed me over last year.

From the articles i've read online... Universities are well aware of this matter and are being a bit lenient towards payments e.t.c
bretj89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
http://www.slc.co.uk/contact%20us/cu...ssistance.html

i urge you to all go on this
ukmaxi
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have just realised, i didn't get my money last year until i was fully enrolled onto my course, which wasn't until i got my Uni access card thing. Which was during freshers week. And again i didn't get the money in my account until the week after. So you never know its not too late yet?
Random Gecko
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hayyleyy)
Snap. I have 300 until my loan is sorted, which is probably ages away (despite applying before the deadline too), and i haven't even had my documents back yet. Luckily my uni and accommodation are deferring my payments as there are hundreds in the same situation. They will be sympathetic.
In some but not every case. My Uni is basically saying they're not allowing anybody to start for free so either you get the letter or you pay your course fees or you don't start.
Peejay101
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Random Gecko)
In some but not every case. My Uni is basically saying they're not allowing anybody to start for free so either you get the letter or you pay your course fees or you don't start.

Which University is this?

Paul.
Random Gecko
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Peejay101)
Which University is this?

Paul.
I'm going to the Musician's Institute in north London but it's validated by Univeristy of East London. My institution aren't really the issue, rather the validating uni. It's pretty infuriating considering it's not my fault. If I'd applied late, ok, I get it, but I didn't.
Sapphire_Eyes
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've just emailed my uni about enrolling for next monday. just waiting for the reply now. I hope i can still enroll i'm worried. Ive had to apply late as the person we used for identity is my aunt who lives in Keighly. I also didnt get told that i got into uni as it was direct until quite late on.
andrew1992
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey just a tip for anyone having trouble with student finance (and trust me this works) contact your MP. i was told my application would take 7 weeks , i emailed my local MP who contacted student finance on my behalf and suprise suprise it was sorted within 3 working days. coincidence? i think not
i got this tip from a friend who also got his loan sorted in a matter of days by contacting a local MP.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (219)
39.46%
No - but I will (38)
6.85%
No - I don't want to (37)
6.67%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (261)
47.03%

Watched Threads