Worried about not getting the loan on time... What to do? Watch

_SimSim_
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hello,

I applied for my loan back in March... As I'm living by myself and have so for the past three years, also supported myself financially I thought I would be classed as an Independent student but as I can't provide any evidence of the first year I found out a few weeks ago I'll be classed as a dependent student and have to provide my parents P60s...

Now that was about 4 weeks ago and I sent them everything they asked for... But I still haven't heard anything back and start Uni in a few weeks...
I called them and the Guy just told me their aren't any updates on my application yet...
:confused:

I already got a letter from my uni of things I'll have to pay put I don't have any money and was relying on getting the loan...
i will have to pay the first instalment for my accommodation (uni halls)...

Will I have to pay that even though I haven't got my loan yet, or will they let me move in even though I can't pay for the first term yet?
I already paid the deposit for the room...
I'm so worried I won't get it on time and won't be able to move in...

Would be great if you could help me with this:o:

Simone xx
PunkyFish-x
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by _SimSim_)
Hello,

I applied for my loan back in March... As I'm living by myself and have so for the past three years, also supported myself financially I thought I would be classed as an Independent student but as I can't provide any evidence of the first year I found out a few weeks ago I'll be classed as a dependent student and have to provide my parents P60s...

Now that was about 4 weeks ago and I sent them everything they asked for... But I still haven't heard anything back and start Uni in a few weeks...
I called them and the Guy just told me their aren't any updates on my application yet...
:confused:

I already got a letter from my uni of things I'll have to pay put I don't have any money and was relying on getting the loan...
i will have to pay the first instalment for my accommodation (uni halls)...

Will I have to pay that even though I haven't got my loan yet, or will they let me move in even though I can't pay for the first term yet?
I already paid the deposit for the room...
I'm so worried I won't get it on time and won't be able to move in...

Would be great if you could help me with this:o:

Simone xx
Hi!

As far as I know, student finance are backlogged with applications so it may have to wait a bit until you get it. But keep nagging at them!
At the moment I would use your overdraft (from a student account! if you don't have one, open one up) in order to survive. Also your university will know about the problems with student finance so I would contact them and see if they can delay the accommodation fee's till you get your loans. Hope it gets sorted out
_SimSim_
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Thanks
Skeppy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
if the uni know you are defo gonna get the money then they will loan you the time to actually get the money but if nothing is finalized then you may be stuck but maybe they'll be understanding I mean SF is one big cockup tbh, Ive not spoken to anyone who said their application has been straight forward. Good luck Im in a similar position tbh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.82%
No - but I will (114)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (102)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (690)
47.36%

Watched Threads