Royal Mail strikers...... ARGH!! Watch

botchok5
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Anyone else here waiting for their post to arrive? I really don't get it, I swear their Union always gets the workers to strike all the time. I sold several items on eBay about a week ago and now i'm being bombarded with e-mails asking whether I have dispatched their item or not and they are threatening to leave me a negative feedback.

It took me years to build up a good positive feedback record on eBay..........ARGHHHH, a couple of negatives will affect the look of my account big time!

There are a lot of people who are desperate for work at this time, I just don't get it! gaaaaaaaaaah!
kat2pult
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I know, It's annoying the hell out of me too!

I can relate eBay wise, that happened to me a couple of months ago, stupid Post Office/Royal Mail gits!

I'm waiting to receive loads of forms from my uni (they sent them 12 days ago!) and my student finance hasn't been sorted out yet either.
flowermaster91
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I know it is annoying, before I didn't care but now I do since I'm expecting a package from my grandma!! Any ideas when this strike will end?
Random Gecko
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yep, it's a joke. I'm waiting on quite a bit of post.
Moroseblight
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My post arrives at random times, delivered by replacement posties. I'm waiting on some mail as well. Most irritating.
IcEmAn911
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I received my post about 2 hours ago :x which included a sumvision media player
andrewkeith5
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
They Royal Mail are a complete lump of ****

Their staff seem to be stuck in the 17th century - they refuse to accept that machines are JUST BETTER THAN THEM, so to try and prove it, they **** off and do no work at all

The sooner Royal Mail is part-privatised the better - then the managers might realise that people who never do any ******* work don't deserve their jobs, let alone any pay rises they probably aren't even entitled to

If Royal Mail staff want to get fair pay rises, they should get up off their lazy arses and do some actualy ******* work every so often, then they might be noticed for what they do instead of what they don't. It really pisses me off that they can get away with striking for 363 out of 365 days a year and their stupid ******-over union protects them

Rant over

Oh, and I imagine proper Royal Mail service will be resumed the moment people stop using them and switch to a different mail courier :P
Belle-x
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Eh? Are they all on strike? My post is fine, although I want to send a parcel to Spain this week.
brokenangel
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I hate workers who strike - i mean come on we are in a recession job cuts are going to happen get on with it striking is only going to make it worse. My dads a cop and no matter what they do to them they cant strike all public services workers should be the same!
fire2burn
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Stop using the Royal Mail and send your stuff via DHL, Fedex, or TNT. Most customers will be willing to pay the slightly higher charge to guarantee delivery, especially with all the strikes at the moment.

I was chatting to my temp postie and he said that the backlog was somewhere in the region of 15-20 million letters and parcels nationwide now.
bigmo7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by flowermaster91)
I know it is annoying, before I didn't care but now I do since I'm expecting a package from my grandma!! Any ideas when this strike will end?
14th to 18th in different areas.

Clicky
fire2burn
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by flowermaster91)
It's going to go on for ages at as both parties are still refusing to sit down and speak to each other, plus the CWU (Communication Workers Union) has begun the process of balloting its members for a nation wide full general strike.

So it's going to get worse basically :p:
Gaara.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wow half 1 and no post
I don't mind when people strike, but when it affects me, then I start to get annoyed
fire2burn
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bigmo7)
14th to 18th in different areas.

Clicky
Except the rolling strikes are going to continue in many places, and the CWU is now balloting members for a full general strike. So unfortunately that information isn't completely true.
DanielNewton
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I know what you mean, i have switched to Parcel2Go.com to send all my items now (its achually cheaper than Royal Mail)

But i feel your pain, for sellers like us word of mouth or feedback on eBay is everything to us, just one neg like "dispatch was slow" can put off 3 out of 5 potential buyers!

Its pathetic now it really is, why dont they just quit if there so unhappy :mad: ? then small businesses like ours and familys wont have to suffer with late bills and such. There are millions who would take there job in under an hour and would probably do it much better.

If they continue to strike knowone is going to bother with them anymore (i know alot of businesses that are already starting to swtich) then there all going to be on the dole (then there gonna have something to moan about)

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you !

Really annoys me these strikes :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
bigmo7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by fire2burn)
Except the rolling strikes are going to continue in many places, and the CWU is now balloting members for a full general strike. So unfortunately that information isn't completely true.
Well it is, just that maybe there's more to it....
flowermaster91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
so annoying!!!
Gamer99
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm STILL waiting for my student bank account details and all it's stuff and insurance stuff aswell.
Hoda--x
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Come to think of it i haven't received post for quite a long time and i ordered quite a bit off the internet.
Tyraell
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Are their working conditions actually that bad?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (380)
37.33%
No - but I will (78)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (71)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (489)
48.04%

Watched Threads