How much is the basic maintenance loan? (Non-income assessed) Watch

Expo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I applied to Student Finance in June (before the deadline) for just the maintenance loan, non-income assessed - my parents earn upwards of £100k between them.

In June when I applied to Student Finance, my firm choice was Birmingham uni, so I put this on my application for finance and they processed my application saying I could expect to receive £3564.00 'Basic loan (non-income assessed)'

Since then, I have changed unis and sent the change of circumstances form, which has now been processed but the maintenance loan for my new uni is £2763?

What is the basic maintenance loan amount? Have they reduced the amount due to me living at home? If I had chosen to live on campus at my uni, there's no way that anything less than £3,000 would pay for it?! :confused:
Lamasamaka
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes, the loan amount depends very much on whether you're living at home.

Use the finance calculator on the website to see what you're entitled to and how it changes when certain circumstances change
TheTallOne
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Expo)
What is the basic maintenance loan amount? Have they reduced the amount due to me living at home? If I had chosen to live on campus at my uni, there's no way that anything less than £3,000 would pay for it?! :confused:
Yes - if you live at home the maximum maintenance loan is £2763.
Expo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (278)
37.98%
No - but I will (53)
7.24%
No - I don't want to (53)
7.24%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (348)
47.54%

Watched Threads