Anyone been to Rocky Horror midnight showing? Watch

stephencdaly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I was thinking of going to a midnight showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show at the curzon in chelsea on friday

Has anyone been to one before? If so what was it like?

Should I dress up? Should I bring the props and everything??
oh_eight
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've not been to a midnight showing, I think I went to a 9pm showing? Anyway, definitely go! It was amazing! Hilarious too. Almost everyone was dressed up (I couldn't because I had just came from work, but I didn't feel out of place because everyone was having such a good time) but it's up to you.

Honestly, go. I'm hoping they bring it back to Leeds with this new tour, I seriously want to go again!
stephencdaly
Rep:
?
(Original post by oh_eight)
I've not been to a midnight showing, I think I went to a 9pm showing? Anyway, definitely go! It was amazing! Hilarious too. Almost everyone was dressed up (I couldn't because I had just came from work, but I didn't feel out of place because everyone was having such a good time) but it's up to you.

Honestly, go. I'm hoping they bring it back to Leeds with this new tour, I seriously want to go again!
So I should definately go? I was having second thoughts today, but if you say its definately worth it...

Did you go to the theatre version or a cinema screening? This one's a cinema screening, but I would quite like to go to the theatre version later this year some time.

Also, I think I'll probably dress up, but how far should I go?? Full transvestite look, or like Brad or something? If I wear makeup should I wait till I get there? I don't really want to get beaten up on the way :s
oh_eight
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by stephencdaly)
So I should definitely go? I was having second thoughts today, but if you say its definitely worth it...

Did you go to the theatre version or a cinema screening? This one's a cinema screening, but I would quite like to go to the theatre version later this year some time.

Also, I think I'll probably dress up, but how far should I go?? Full transvestite look, or like Brad or something? If I wear makeup should I wait till I get there? I don't really want to get beaten up on the way :s
Ah, I went to a theatre version, tbh if it was me I'd be slightly less inclined to go to a cinema showing, but I've never been to a cinema showing. I've got the film on DVD so I'd rather just invite some friends round to my house, rather than pay extortionate prices at a cinema. But that's just me.

So I can't really say if people would dress up at a cinema showing. If it's a small independent cinema then there's probably going to be people dressed up, but if it's like a Vue or Odeon or whatever then there may be less people dressed up.

It's up to you on the dress-up front. Just wear whatever you'd be comfortable in.
stephencdaly
Rep:
?
Ah, I went to a theatre version, tbh if it was me I'd be slightly less inclined to go to a cinema showing, but I've never been to a cinema showing. I've got the film on DVD so I'd rather just invite some friends round to my house, rather than pay extortionate prices at a cinema. But that's just me.

So I can't really say if people would dress up at a cinema showing. If it's a small independent cinema then there's probably going to be people dressed up, but if it's like a Vue or Odeon or whatever then there may be less people dressed up.

It's up to you on the dress-up front. Just wear whatever you'd be comfortable in.

Its like an old fashioned independant cinema i think, quite big though
And it says on the website dress up, so im sure other people will be

I think the cinema version sounds almost as fun as the theatre version. People throw stuff, call out lines at the screen, and sometimes even act it out in front

I'll tell you what its like after i've been
oh_eight
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Its like an old fashioned independant cinema i think, quite big though
And it says on the website dress up, so im sure other people will be

I think the cinema version sounds almost as fun as the theatre version. People throw stuff, call out lines at the screen, and sometimes even act it out in front

I'll tell you what its like after i've been
That does sound good! Even better that it's in a small cinema, good times, wish I was going. There'll be a list on the internet of props you could take, like newspapers and rice. Yeah, let me know, I'm really interested to know what it'll be like, if you go. :yy:
stephencdaly
Rep:
?
That does sound good! Even better that it's in a small cinema, good times, wish I was going. There'll be a list on the internet of props you could take, like newspapers and rice. Yeah, let me know, I'm really interested to know what it'll be like, if you go. :yy:
Just got back
It was amazing!!!

I wore puple fishnets, hotpants and a tailcoat

I brought some of the props aswell: rice, newspapers, rubber gloves, toast, party hats
I didnt bring a water pistol though which was a shame, because nobody else did

Everyone was shouting stuff at the screen which was well fun, half of the shouting was me i think though. I got several laughs, but some of the stuff may have only catered to my sense of humour.
I thought of some pretty good things to say aswell, but I was too late, so I wish I could go again..

If theres ever another one on, I definately want to go. And I might see if I can go to the theatre thing thats touring atm later this year sometime.
oh_eight
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just got back
It was amazing!!!

I wore puple fishnets, hotpants and a tailcoat

I brought some of the props aswell: rice, newspapers, rubber gloves, toast, party hats
I didnt bring a water pistol though which was a shame, because nobody else did

Everyone was shouting stuff at the screen which was well fun, half of the shouting was me i think though. I got several laughs, but some of the stuff may have only catered to my sense of humour.
I thought of some pretty good things to say aswell, but I was too late, so I wish I could go again..

If theres ever another one on, I definitely want to go. And I might see if I can go to the theatre thing thats touring atm later this year sometime.
Haha, that's excellent! Purple fishnets eyyy. It was jeans and a hoodie for me, gutted, haha. Well I'm glad you had a good time. I've got my fingers crossed that the theatre tour is coming to Leeds, I really want to go again!
SuicideCommando
Badges: 14
Report 9 years ago
It's the best musical out there. If you can, dress up a little - it's fun to do that anyway.

If you go, have fun.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (344)
37.84%
No - but I will (72)
7.92%
No - I don't want to (65)
7.15%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (428)
47.08%

Watched Threads