Turn on thread page Beta

Does this really happen? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that all the people in their 20's and 30's are shown as having great skill when it comes to being all smooth during sex? I see no fumbling, no clumsiness or awkwardness, or anything of the sort? Is this yet another misrepresntation by the media, or do people genuinely become good at all this stuff?

Example I saw on TV yesterday:

Woman knocks on door, pounces on man with speed and accuracy, does some other slick looking thing(think she undoes a buton to reveal lingerie, or something like that), and then they proceed to get it on. Now if I was to take part in anything similar, it'd take at least four, maybe even up to six trial runs.

Well the example might not be good, but you know what I mean, right?

ReputationRep:
    The robinsons???

ReputationRep:
    i cant remember a lot of mine due to alcohol...my smirnoff-assisted memory tells me that it all went happily according to plan though...

ReputationRep:
    I've seen loads of things where theres fumbling involved, and problem after problem

ReputationRep:
    The other thing I don't get is how couples in films manage to roll over (sometimes even more than once) whilst shagging. When I've tried this you have to be very carful not to 'become detatched'! There is no swift movement involved. It's careful and calculated.

I think sex does improve with age, i.e I'm sure I'm better on top now than I was five years ago! Also, evidently simultaneous orgasms are possible, and even quite frequent when you really get to know your partner!

Usually sex on TV, especially first time sex is amazing and choreographed. In real life it's usually a bit tricky in my experience, but always worth persevering with!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it must've been The Robinsons, Tim from The Office was in it!

Anyway, I can't recall a single incident on TV or in a movie where people fumble about, unless they're drunk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spider)
    Yeah, it must've been The Robinsons, Tim from The Office was in it!

Anyway, I can't recall a single incident on TV or in a movie where people fumble about, unless they're drunk.
    You never see anyone putting on a condom either. :rolleyes:

The media does give a skewed vision of a lot of things and sex is one of them.

ReputationRep:
    Television isn't real life! things just simply wouldnt be as much fun!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not exactly smooth, i fumble, but then i've not had much practice, i think more practice brings smoother actions and greater skills

ReputationRep:
    I kneed myself in the face while getting up from lounging on the sofa the other day.
    you dont see that one on TV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owain)
    I kneed myself in the face while getting up from lounging on the sofa the other day.
    you dont see that one on TV.
    I was kneed in the head by my ex gf a couple of times, didn't realise she was so ticklish

ReputationRep:
    If you had perfect sex straight away you would have nothing to progress to! And frankly, i like the experimenting and figuring out what the other person likes! its all part of the process! You have to find what works with you and that your current partner coz it might not work for your next door neighbour's cousin's brother's wife's daughter and her bloke! Just enjoy the way it is to learn each other!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 11, 2005
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.