Turn on thread page Beta

The Biggest Thread About Nottingham University (the Nottingham Appreciation Thread) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobinHood)
    WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO....
    I have just been made an offer to read Economics at Nottingham (AAA or AABB).
    I am sooooooooooooooo over the moon.
    I have also received offers from Manchester, Birmingham and york.
    Waiting for LSE and Warwick now.
    Got an interview at Cambridge in a weeks time!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO...

Anybody got something gr8 to say about nottingham...SAY IT!!!!!!!!!!
    You've applied for seven? Nottingham, Manchester, Birmingham, York, LSE, Warwick AND Cambridge? How does that work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    You've applied for seven? Nottingham, Manchester, Birmingham, York, LSE, Warwick AND Cambridge? How does that work?
    LOL..how did York get in there..I went for an open day and absolutely hated it.
    btw..whats accomodation at Notts like?

ReputationRep:
    LOL..how did York get in there..I went for an open day and absolutely hated it.
    btw..whats accomodation at Notts like?
    You said u recieved an offer from York

ReputationRep:
    no i didnt, didnt apply there.

ReputationRep:
    Notts is fantastic. I'm a 3rd year here and can really recommend it. The campus is lovely - i know I'm biased, but it's the nicest of all the campus' I've visited.

ReputationRep:
    what a good idea, nottingham appreciation thread.
    I'm sure i'll have plenty to say after my visit in february, anyon eelse who's been accepted been invited for the law and social sciences open days?

oh yeh, anyone been sent accomodation prospectus for birmingham? It looks OK, i hope Nottingham's is much better though.

ReputationRep:
    Ich wohne in Nottingham, sort of wish I don't live here, then I'd have applied here , because the campus really is nice, best I've seen.
    A few of the 60s & 70s science buildings are dog ugly and could do with replacing, but the same could be said for everywhere, I suppose.
    Nightlife is good (apparently!), hopefully you weren't intending on hearing any music other than hip hop in the bars & clubs though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gremney)
    as far as i know
    it's nice ..
    i gotta confirm it next week cuz
    i'll be visiting the campus during my trip to UK
    nottingham's amazng . it's my 1st choice for english and the campus is fab. havent heard yet tho

(Original post by emporium)
    Nightlife is good (apparently!), hopefully you weren't intending on hearing any music other than hip hop in the bars & clubs though...
    are you joking? all i've had is cheese, rock and indie since i've been here, perfect selection i thought its only the bomb and ohm that play rnb+hip hop?

But yeah there are *so* many places to go out, this is coming from someone who lives in london

ReputationRep:
    bump.
    we need this up there.

Just out of interest...when you recieved your pack from Notts did they give you the really cool CD-ROM's about the University, the Jubilee Campus and Computer Science at Notts (although I assume they produce different variants of this one for each course )???

I know it just like all the other propaganda that Uni's send you but if you watch the vids on the CD's they are actually really good!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Just out of interest...when you recieved your pack from Notts did they give you the really cool CD-ROM's about the University, the Jubilee Campus and Computer Science at Notts (although I assume they produce different variants of this one for each course )???

I know it just like all the other propaganda that Uni's send you but if you watch the vids on the CD's they are actually really good!!!
    What pack, I haven't been sent a pack yet, when are these things sent out, and what else is in them.
    thanks

What pack, I haven't been sent a pack yet, when are these things sent out, and what else is in them.
    thanks
    A few days after the UCAS tracker got updated and my offer got added to it, I recieved a pack with some general stuff about Notts in it. It has a leaflet about how to get there, a map of the Uni, general stuff about my course, CD-ROM's, accomodation information etc...

Not sure if the people who wll be studying on the Jubilee campus get different stuff to everyone else because my friend recieved a different information pack. He applied for a different subject though and its based on the regular campus, this is what makes me think there is a difference!!!

ReputationRep:
    well i haven't been sent any cd roms.
    You think it'd be wise to raise the question 'notts or warwick' at the open day, or speak to someone privately and ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    A few days after the UCAS tracker got updated and my offer got added to it, I recieved a pack with some general stuff about Notts in it. It has a leaflet about how to get there, a map of the Uni, general stuff about my course, CD-ROM's, accomodation information etc...

Not sure if the people who wll be studying on the Jubilee campus get different stuff to everyone else because my friend recieved a different information pack. He applied for a different subject though and its based on the regular campus, this is what makes me think there is a difference!!!
    I got my offer to study at Nottingham on 14th November but I still haven't gotten my packet yet. Then again, I got my offer from York on the same day and I just received the packet today, December 9th...it's tough being an International student, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham still haven't got back to me for Psychology and my application was processed by ucas on 29th October and loadsa other people that I have spoken to have already had Psycology offers from them. Is this a bad sign or am I just being paranoid and impatient??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Riz*)
    Nottingham still haven't got back to me for Psychology and my application was processed by ucas on 29th October and loadsa other people that I have spoken to have already had Psycology offers from them. Is this a bad sign or am I just being paranoid and impatient??
    Don't worry at all. Took three months for Durham to get back to me and I got an offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Riz*)
    I'm in my first year doing psych at Notts. I didnt hear from them until the end of December so don't worry They were the last uni I heard from and the only one I really cared about!

There's a lot of Nottingham uni people who post on another forum (not plugging, just trying to be helpful) Someone asked about Nottingham Uni not long ago, so there's a lot of people's opinions of it, especially accommodation.

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/
    I couldnt get a more direct link to work, sorry. It's in the Student Forum - go to 'view posts for last 20 days' at the bottom and you'll see there's a post close to the bottom of the page called 'Nottingham Uni'

Hope that's of some help

ReputationRep:
    If you don't mind me asking, NK, what grades was your offer for and what grades did you get.

And yes I recieved an accomodation brochure for Birmingham on Saturday - some of it does look nice - not sure about some of the self catering though. I don't like the fact they make you pay for 40 weeks in the catered halls when i only really need 30/31. At £100 a week, thats an extra £1000 almost I'd be paying for a room I wouldnt be staying in and food I wouldn't be eating....

ReputationRep:
    I was so happy when I got my offer from Nott and I'm probably gonna make it my firm choice...but I'm so worried coz the girls there are supposed to be so pretty!!! I'll just feel like an ugly looser....

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.