Turn on thread page Beta

The Biggest Thread About Nottingham University (the Nottingham Appreciation Thread) watch

ReputationRep:
    i also got an accomodation prospectud from b'ham, i think the accomodation is pretty poor to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Well Dun!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobinHood)
    They didn't say which subjects i had to get A's and B's in.
    Im studying A-level Maths, Geography, Economics and History.

To that idiot who said manchester was better than Nottingham..."R U HAVING A LAUGH!!
    Nottingham is in another league mate.

Hahahah no; Nottingham is far to small with not enough Pubs; Manchester however has the largest Student population in the country and the place is full of pubs. Your right about one thing though Nottingham is in another league in comparrison to Manchester; in the fact that Nottingham isn't one of Europe's premier cities, while Manchester is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MurphysMoment.)
    Hahahah no; Nottingham is far to small with not enough Pubs; Manchester however has the largest Student population in the country and the place is full of pubs. Your right about one thing though Nottingham is in another league in comparrison to Manchester; in the fact that Nottingham isn't one of Europe's premier cities, while Manchester is.
    Totally disagree with that. Nott rocks, full of clubs, shops, restaurants, EVERYTHING. I visted Manchester this summer and it wasn't very interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .NK)
    I'm in my first year doing psych at Notts. I didnt hear from them until the end of December so don't worry They were the last uni I heard from and the only one I really cared about!

There's a lot of Nottingham uni people who post on another forum (not plugging, just trying to be helpful) Someone asked about Nottingham Uni not long ago, so there's a lot of people's opinions of it, especially accommodation.

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/
    I couldnt get a more direct link to work, sorry. It's in the Student Forum - go to 'view posts for last 20 days' at the bottom and you'll see there's a post close to the bottom of the page called 'Nottingham Uni'

Hope that's of some help
    That link didn't work, whats up?
    Manchester on the whole is a crap city, students living in dumps like fallowfield..hahaha. why not try Moss Side.

As far as anybody with a little knowledge is concerned notts beats manchester any day, case closed.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester has the trafford centre; that quite frankly is probably the best shopping centre in England; I visited Nottingham my best mate goes to Uni there and there was one decent pub there "The Pit and Pendulum" and one decent club "Rescue Room" and that was it.

Fallowfield is great the whole area is filled with Pubs and Moss Side aint so bad.

Manchester has way more nightclubs and pubs in Piccadilly alone than Nottingham; Nottingham is a poor mans Manchester.

Also the people in Nottingham are about as rude as the people in London.

ReputationRep:
    I live in manchester, but am a student in notts, and I think they both have a great nightlife. Admittedly Manchester is bigger, but Notts actually has a higher number of pubs/clubs/bars etc per head of it's population. I can recommend places far better than the Pit and Pendulum. Personally I prefer goinhg out in Notts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Riz*)
    If you don't mind me asking, NK, what grades was your offer for and what grades did you get.
    My offer was for ABB in any subjects, and I got AAAB.

There are people on my course who got both higher and lower offers though.

ReputationRep:
    That link didn't work, whats up?
    Hmmm...worked for me... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MurphysMoment.)
    Manchester has the trafford centre; that quite frankly is probably the best shopping centre in England; I visited Nottingham my best mate goes to Uni there and there was one decent pub there "The Pit and Pendulum" and one decent club "Rescue Room" and that was it.

Fallowfield is great the whole area is filled with Pubs and Moss Side aint so bad.

Manchester has way more nightclubs and pubs in Piccadilly alone than Nottingham; Nottingham is a poor mans Manchester.

Also the people in Nottingham are about as rude as the people in London.
    Why the hell are we insulting nottingham by trying to compare manchester it. It's farcical.
    When mentioning Nottingham, its all well to try to compare the likes of warwick and ucl to it, but manchester..HA.
    I'll admit the city is OK, but funny how there isn't a single area within it that most would not risk living in. Besides who cares, we're talking about how great the university of nottingham is, not how great the city itself is, there i was thinking that the point of university was to get a degree.

Why the hell are we insulting nottingham by trying to compare manchester it. It's farcical.
    When mentioning Nottingham, its all well to try to compare the likes of warwick and ucl to it, but manchester..HA.
    I'll admit the city is OK, but funny how there isn't a single area within it that most would not risk living in. Besides who cares, we're talking about how great the university of nottingham is, not how great the city itself is, there i was thinking that the point of university was to get a degree.
    I think that both Notts and Manchester are superior to Warwick (controversial but I think it has to be said)!!! I think that if you want to compare the Uni's academically then Notts probably does just about shade it over Manchester but there really isnt all that much in it!!!

Again, Im in the fortunate position of having an offer from one and an interview at the other so I am slightly biased!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    I think that both Notts and Manchester are superior to Warwick (controversial but I think it has to be said)!!! I think that if you want to compare the Uni's academically then Notts probably does just about shade it over Manchester but there really isnt all that much in it!!!

Again, Im in the fortunate position of having an offer from one and an interview at the other so I am slightly biased!!!
    Hurray!!! Yes, please say horrible things about Warwick, I got rejected an hour ago

ReputationRep:
    WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO....
    I have just been made an offer to read Economics at Nottingham (AAA or AABB).
    I am sooooooooooooooo over the moon.
    I have also received offers from Manchester, Birmingham and york.
    Waiting for LSE and Warwick now.
    Got an interview at Cambridge in a weeks time!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO...

Anybody got something gr8 to say about nottingham...SAY IT!!!!!!!!!!
    1 Nottingham
    2 Manchester
    3 Birmingham
    4 york
    5 LSE
    6 Warwick
    7 Cambridge
    you can only apply to 6 at once? :eek:

(Original post by serendipity)
    Hurray!!! Yes, please say horrible things about Warwick, I got rejected an hour ago
    No problem...

1) No Nighlife
    2) Its In The Middle Of Nowhere
    3) Buildings Not As Nice To Look At As Other Uni's
    4) Nowhere Near As Respected As It Thinks It Is
    5) Never Met A Nice Person Who Went To Warwick

etc...

(no offense intended to any Warwick applicants / students)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    1 Nottingham
    2 Manchester
    3 Birmingham
    4 york
    5 LSE
    6 Warwick
    7 Cambridge
    you can only apply to 6 at once? :eek:
    Yes smart ass we have already cleared that mess up, i didn't get an offer from nor apply to york.
    I hated the place. i dunno why it was in my head at the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .NK)
    Hmmm...worked for me... :confused:
    thanks nk, it works at my home computer, i checked it first at college and the crappy college network is gay so it didn't work.

ReputationRep:
    No problem...

1) No Nighlife
    2) Its In The Middle Of Nowhere
    3) Buildings Not As Nice To Look At As Other Uni's
    4) Nowhere Near As Respected As It Thinks It Is
    5) Never Met A Nice Person Who Went To Warwick

etc...

(no offense intended to any Warwick applicants / students)
    Thanks Leekey... oh but... i liked it...*sob*
    The first rejection was always gonna be tough... :rolleyes:

(Original post by serendipity)
    Thanks Leekey... oh but... i liked it...*sob*
    The first rejection was always gonna be tough... :rolleyes:
    I know that this is totally cliché but it really is thier loss, you should be happy that you didn't end up somewhere that can't appreciate how good you are!!!

ReputationRep:
    I know that this is totally cliché but it really is thier loss, you should be happy that you didn't end up somewhere that can't appreciate how good you are!!!
    Thank you *cheers up*

ReputationRep:
    thanks nk, it works at my home computer, i checked it first at college and the crappy college network is gay so it didn't work.
    I think most colleges/schools block TheSite.org because of some of the topics it raises...Anyways, glad the link works!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.