Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertineNorth)
    I want my girlfriend to have a vagina. I don't. Does that make me a hypocrit?
    That's entirely different. You just can't have a vagina, that's why you don't have one. It's not like a moral judgement made on another, in the way that insisting on a girl's virginity is.

ReputationRep:
    If you are in a longterm serious relationship...other protection against pregnancy is generally used and condoms are made a thing of the past...

ReputationRep:
    I'm still confused about why you care? She slept with all these people 'on a whim' for pure physical gratification. You pulled 3-4 girls a night purely for physical gratification - why does it make a difference?

Also, getting tested is a hell a lot more mature than anything - accepting that sometimes a condom can fail, or other unforseen stuff - she should be appauled for taking those precautions before having sex with you rather than stereotyped as a slut.

I also intensely dislike your attitude towards this girl. You are perfectly entitled to your opinions and you don't have to start seeing her. Yet, to come here and call her 'that type of girl' and imply she is somehow less morally worthy than you is disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    I'm still confused about why you care? She slept with all these people 'on a whim' for pure physical gratification. You pulled 3-4 girls a night purely for physical gratification - why does it make a difference?

Also, getting tested is a hell a lot more mature than anything - accepting that sometimes a condom can fail, or other unforseen stuff - she should be appauled for taking those precautions before having sex with you rather than stereotyped as a slut.

I also intensely dislike your attitude towards this girl. You are perfectly entitled to your opinions and you don't have to start seeing her. Yet, to come here and call her 'that type of girl' and imply she is somehow less morally worthy than you is disgusting.
    I'm sorry if i caused offence. it certainly wasn't my intention. I think you took my words out of context. My post was originally meant to decipher what lads thought was more offputting in a potential girlfriend. a girl who'd slept around or a girl with bisexual tendancies. i merely used my previous experience with an ex gf to illustrate where i might have problems in the future.

when i said that 'type of girl' i was refering to the attitudes of society and to be honest, i make no apologis for highlighting the way many of my friends look at promiscuity in women. I can see the double standards, but you must surely admit that in most situations it is far easier for a girl to get a reputation than a bloke. Wrong, but surely true???

ReputationRep:
    you can only be a virgin once...so don't expect every woman to be.

it's up to you, if i bothers you then don't. otherwise go with what you feel is right.

ReputationRep:
    What a stupid post, seriously there aren't many 21 year old virgins females knocking around, there aren't many 18 year old virgins knocking about for gods sake!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicola1986)
    What a stupid post, seriously there aren't many 21 year old virgins females knocking around, there aren't many 18 year old virgins knocking about for gods sake!
    Surely there were a couple of puns in that.

Anyway, like i keep saying, virgin is ideal, but i think up to about 5 is acceptable by may own standards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambridgemuscle)

Anyway, like i keep saying, virgin is ideal, but i think up to about 5 is acceptable by may own standards.
    See thats the importnt thing.

Your standards.

No-one else can tell you what these should be.

However say if you slept witha virgin, then split up, then after a whild got back together but she'd slept with others in between. would you wnat her back? after all, you'd be the reason why she isn't a vrgin. sorry, hypothetical situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    See thats the importnt thing.

Your standards.

No-one else can tell you what these should be.

However say if you slept witha virgin, then split up, then after a whild got back together but she'd slept with others in between. would you wnat her back? after all, you'd be the reason why she isn't a vrgin. sorry, hypothetical situation.
    depends in what circumstances really. if it was three blokes in ten weeks then probably not.

ReputationRep:

And have you slept with more than 5?

ReputationRep:
    depends in what circumstances really. if it was three blokes in ten weeks then probably not.
    that is quite a lot :eek:

tho i know someone who had 2 one nighters in two days in between long term realtionships...

i think most people have a bit of an ideal number when it comes to partner numbers. I knw i'd feel intimidated if the guy in question was over 5/6. Which i think in some respects is more intimidating for a guy to face a women whose had 5/6 partners.

tho i think double standards, and women becoming more..ahem liberal has something to do with it

ReputationRep:
    We all have histories and have done things that we are not exactly proud of, the past is the past, don't let it bother you.

As longs as she hasn't slept around daily to any random I don't care about my future partners sexual history.

ReputationRep:
    I do not think you can judge a girl on her sexual past (within reason!). I think people have to appreciate others views on sex. For some, it should be something that you keep until your wedding night, others see it as just a bit of fun if it's with someone you're not serious about but something loving if it's with a special partner.

My ex was a total git about this. He even got mad at the thought of me sleeping with a previous partner (who I was with since I was 17 for 2 years!). He made up stuff in his head that I must be a slut (!!??wtf??!!). I eventually broke up with him for it, it could have been something really good if it wasn't for this.

All I'm saying is, DON'T let paranoia get in the way of something which could be really special. You may regret it. Just because she's been with these lads, does NOT mean she's going to do the dirty on you. Try to remember that when she was with these guys, she couldn't see into the future and know she was going to be with you. We all make mistakes, just don't let this be your mistake. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    oh what?!

no, sorry dude, the way you're sizing up these girls like cattle at a meat market is disgusting. i bet if they saw this thread neither of them would want you anyway.

one of these girls could be absolutely perfect for you, and you're not willing to explore this possibility because of their sexual history. if that isn't cutting off your nose to spite your face, i don't know what is. it seems that you feel more mature now because you don't routinely pull 4 girls a night. wait till you're mature enough to see that what has happened in somebody else's past doesn't matter as long as you care about each other...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medic_bex)
    oh what?!

no, sorry dude, the way you're sizing up these girls like cattle at a meat market is disgusting. i bet if they saw this thread neither of them would want you anyway.

one of these girls could be absolutely perfect for you, and you're not willing to explore this possibility because of their sexual history. if that isn't cutting off your nose to spite your face, i don't know what is. it seems that you feel more mature now because you don't routinely pull 4 girls a night. wait till you're mature enough to see that what has happened in somebody else's past doesn't matter as long as you care about each other...
    :dito: well said

ReputationRep:
    there is none in my mind at the moment. i think sleeping around is infinitely worse. but it pissed me off more as we became closer. i'm really looking for the opinions of lads and which one would bother them more in a partner.
    i think my gf has slept with 7 guys, which never bothered me until tonight.........

i think around half were one night stands...

do u think this is bad folks? she is 20

ReputationRep:
    Getting tested does not mean you are a slut!!!!!!!

I went out with one guy for 18 months from when I was 16 to when I was 18. He was the first guy I ever kissed, and the only guy I have ever slept with. After we broke up, I got myself tested. Just to be absolutely sure. So that when the time came for me to be with someone else, I would be 100% positive that I was clean. Anybody with a history has a slight risk, even someone like me. Getting tested is mature and responsible. It shows that you take care of yourself, your health is a priority, and that you have the maturity and the decency to protect future partners.

Do you have any idea how dangerous comments like that are? Shut up and grow up.

ReputationRep:
    you don't know what a boyfriend or girlfriend has been doing behind your back and it's always nice to know that you definitely don't have anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medic_bex)
    no. not at all.... don't let someone else's insecurities make you doubt your relationship.
    i am not insecure ffs. i just don't like the idea of my girlfriend being used by other men.

ReputationRep:
    i am not insecure ffs. i just don't like the idea of my girlfriend being used by other men.
    girls use men as well. and a lot of guys are very clever about using girls.

you have to remember, it's in the past. it was before you, and if you'd been there, it wouldn't have happened. but you weren't, and there's nothing you can do to change it. i've been there and split up with someone for the same reason but now i realise that it's a stupid reason to get annoyed about (there are far better ones )

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 12, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.