Help Drop Out Transfers Waiting List. Watch

BUSHRAQAYUM
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi guys, I need some quick advice . I was wondering what are the likelihood of students not turning up to their course, or transferring to another course after the first week. My situation is I have been put on a waiting list but Im wondering what is my probability . I spoke to the admission tutor and she told me the only way I can get in is if someone drops out or transfers? Please can you share past experiences ? I will be notified of this Mid October, but Im worried if I do get a place(likelihood?) I wount find accomodation , and its 5 hours away from home. But that is not my main worry. I do not want to take a gap year.

Can you provide information as soon as possible?
Vokes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Was there any real need to start 4 threads about this? :rolleyes:
Clarkkent
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
[Hi guys, I need some quick advice . I was wondering what are the likelihood of students not turning up to their course, or transferring to another course after the first week. My situation is I have been put on a waiting list but Im wondering what is my probability . I spoke to the admission tutor and she told me the only way I can get in is if someone drops out or transfers? ]

im with you on this one, im actually waiting 4 someone to give in & leave their course, only that the course is at a different universty, so much complicated 4 me , i actually dont have any info(just needed to rant, coz misery loves company ), the probability of a person dropping out/leaving is totally imposible to estimate, depend on course, uni, individual problems. good luck mate.:woo:

[Was there any real need to start 4 threads about this?]
Oh yeah , just u wait until u start your course, u wl be the one making 100s of threads on this:yep:
ma2k5
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Too many factors. Their will be people who drop out though - definitely some in the first month.
BUSHRAQAYUM
you too, good luck mate. I heard that a lot of people dont turn up to their enrollment week or decide to leave or transfer their course, so there might be a chance. I want to study pharmacy in Hertfordshire, and Im 5th on the waiting list. But that means that 5 people need to change their minds. I really do appreciate your rant by the way lol. In which uni are you now? have you contacted the admission office? Present them with your grades and any form of reference and make yourself heard. call them, email them, do what you need to do, and have faith.
BUSHRAQAYUM
thanks ma2k5, you have given me hope! I want to study pharmacy so what are the chances with that?
Vokes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Clarkkent)
Oh yeah , just u wait until u start your course, u wl be the one making 100s of threads on this:yep:
I'm in my final year

Besides he had plenty of answers in the other 3 threads, seems to be making them for the sake of it

Edit: It's up to 5 threads now lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (312)
37.68%
No - but I will (64)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
47.1%

Watched Threads