When Does Student Finance Go In? Watch

zKlown
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Sorry if this thread has already been made, I did use the search function and couldn't find one but here goes.

I've had the letter back confirming the amounts I'll be getting for a while now, but I just wondered, when does the finance enter our accounts?

Anyone?

(Would offer rep like, but I'm in the red LOL)
hypocriticaljap
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
the letter should have a schedule of payments on the back.
x-pixie-lottie-x
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
the date it says on your letter
different unis get it different times

i get mine end sept my friend doesnt get hers till beginning oct

x
silent ninja
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You should get a payment schedule letter. The first thing the letter says in bold is 'You may need to take this letter to registration'. That has all the dates on it.
Akkuz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by zKlown)
Sorry if this thread has already been made, I did use the search function and couldn't find one but here goes.

I've had the letter back confirming the amounts I'll be getting for a while now, but I just wondered, when does the finance enter our accounts?

Anyone?

The dates are printed on the back of the page.
ukmaxi
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The Payment schedule letter should tell you all, however your funds are not released until you have been listed as fully enrolled by your university. For me last year this wasn't until i collected my Student ID card for my University, obviously not all uni's are the same. Check out your Uni's website for information.
xxrachelmolyneuxx
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I usually get mine during the first week of October when term starts. It depends when your university semester actually starts because the student finances will not give you your loan until you are officially registered. Saying that, i read in the paper recently that due to a new way of doing things and more applicants than ever this year, there had been major delays and loans will be coming in at least two weeks late. Lets hope that doesn't happen!!
XskittyX
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Its different for every uni, but it mightbe useful to some people if i explain my situation. Basically im not living on campus, therefore need to pay train fare to get to uni, and i have absolutely no money to get there without my loans/grants. I start on the 21st, which is when the payment schedule says i will have my money. I rang my uni, student finance and local council who all told me that the first payment will actually be up to two weeks after the date on the letter. They exlained that this is because you have to enrol and have the uni see the payment schedule, then they inform student finance of your attendance, who then have to perform a check on your national insurance number. So although there are payment dates on the back of the letter, it may actually be up to two weeks later you recieve any money.
fire2burn
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Anyone?

I'm at Hull too and my schedule says 28th September.

I think registration is on Monday 28th, you'll have to go to the sports centre (behind the students union across the footy pitches) and pick up your student card + all that jazz. Then there's usually a 24 hour - 3 day delay between registering in uni and the finance people actually paying your money in. You should receive a freshers timetable from the uni when you move into your accommodation detailing when and where to register.

Hope that helps
zKlown
Rep:
?
(Original post by fire2burn)
I'm at Hull too and my schedule says 28th September.

I think registration is on Monday 28th, you'll have to go to the sports centre (behind the students union across the footy pitches) and pick up your student card + all that jazz. Then there's usually a 24 hour - 3 day delay between registering in uni and the finance people actually paying your money in. You should receive a freshers timetable from the uni when you move into your accommodation detailing when and where to register.

Hope that helps
Cheers man

Any idea when we get our timetable either? For the rest of the year? I mean I've got the induction week timetable but nothing else?

Do we get it when we get there and does it depend on the department?
fire2burn
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Cheers man

Any idea when we get our timetable either? For the rest of the year? I mean I've got the induction week timetable but nothing else?

Do we get it when we get there and does it depend on the department?
You mean the lectures timetable? You'll probably be given a copy of that when you go into your actual department and register, either that or its given to you along with the department handbook during your first lecture with the department. That's what happens in geography anyway.

Basically you'll get it during freshers week, plus a copy will be available to view online on your departments page as well nearer the time :yep:
zKlown
Rep:
?
(Original post by fire2burn)
You mean the lectures timetable? You'll probably be given a copy of that when you go into your actual department and register, either that or its given to you along with the department handbook during your first lecture with the department. That's what happens in geography anyway.

Basically you'll get it during freshers week, plus a copy will be available to view online on your departments page as well nearer the time :yep:
Cheers man, much appreciated
afoxystoat
Report 9 years ago
Hi

My finance is on Approved at the mo..I enrolled on the 16th sept ..im due to get payed on 21st sept...My notification was scanned at the time of enrolling..Will i get paid on the 21st??

My step son enrolled about 6 wks ago..and his status is still on Approved too

Cheers for any feed back
Jmzie-Coupe
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Apparently 3-4 working days after your document is scanned by your university.
afoxystoat
Report 9 years ago
Thanks ..Both documents were scanned on the 16th sep when i enrolled and 6 wks ago when son enrolled ..both 2nd students ..I understand that if you enroll early then u shud get ya money on the date it says..But if you enroll on the date it states you then have to wait 3 /5 days..both enrolled early,, but SFE website still say its approved..If money was going in to morrow surely it shud have submitted by now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (284)
37.67%
No - but I will (53)
7.03%
No - I don't want to (55)
7.29%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (362)
48.01%

Watched Threads