Learners Support Fund Watch

Lavinder
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hello .

I just want to ask a quick questions - I earn £20 per week from my EMA but I need to to save this up because I pay for my contact lenses and train tickets so I'm generally left with not a lot.

I have one parent working, and 1 parent who stays at home and the working parent can't afford to give me money all the time.

I was wondering what the limit to household income the Learner Support Fund is? All I need it for is meal vouchers.
hypocriticaljap
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Conditions for learner support funding are determined by colleges themselves. You'll need to see what they are for your college.
sandettielightvessel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You would need to speak to your school/college.

A lot of schools/colleges appear to have tightened up their criteria since EMA is supposed to cover such things - but do have a word and enquire what the rules are at your centre.
Jabblez
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ask the ema person at your school/college about it, you may be entitled to the full 30quid per week of ema depending on your household income etc as it can be reviewed, your school/college may also have some kind of system to help out people from underprivilaged backgrounds and people in your situation where you need to pay for things but the support from the government is not enough to cover it, my 6th form provides me with free school meals as well as paying for my termly buspass, so enquire with your head of year etc about what they can do to help you
blahbloo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You earn £20 a week from your EMA?

Riggggght. :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (459)
38.06%
No - but I will (91)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (85)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (571)
47.35%

Watched Threads