pharmacy help Watch

jjade
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
hi i would like to know if i could apply for 2 courses at the same uni for example pharmacy and pharmacolgy at hertsfordshire. Would this use up my choices on ucas. Can i also use a pharmacy personal statement to apply for pharmacology.
idesofmarch
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jjade)
hi i would like to know if i could apply for 2 courses at the same uni for example pharmacy and pharmacolgy at hertsfordshire. Would this use up my choices on ucas. Can i also use a pharmacy personal statement to apply for pharmacology.
hiya, how come you want to do both courses?? if you study pharmacology you will not be able to practice as a pharmacist and if that's what you want to do then i'd suggest only applying for pharmacy. if its that you only want to attend one university then i'd seriously suggest going on open days. i've seen so many people apply to 5 different courses in liverpool (where i'm from) that are only vaguely relevant just to stay in liverpool so don't make that mistake!
jjade
oh ok thanks but im a bit sceptical about my as grades i got an BDDE and i dont know whether ill be rejected or not. Whats your opinion do you think i have a chance?
jjade
What happens if all your universities reject you? can you go through clearing or can u reapply thru ucas for another course
idesofmarch
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jjade)
oh ok thanks but im a bit sceptical about my as grades i got an BDDE and i dont know whether ill be rejected or not. Whats your opinion do you think i have a chance?
are they AS grades and what subjects?? i got an E in one of my chemistry modules in my first year (BEB) = C and resat it in the summer and got 80/90 an A so with hard work and a good text book it's definitely possible to pull grades up!
idesofmarch
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jjade)
What happens if all your universities reject you? can you go through clearing or can u reapply thru ucas for another course
If all your universities reject you and you get no offers then you go into UCAS extra where you can then apply one by one to other courses until you get an offer and then if you get an offer but dont meet the grades come results day, you go into clearing.
jjade
thanks u know ur a great help. ermm yh they are AS GRADES i got a B in psychlogy D IN CHEMISTRY ,D IN SPANISH, E IN BIOLOGY. do you think i can still apply to pharmacy consider im retaking some modules and hopin 2 pull up my grades. pleases reply
idesofmarch
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jjade)
thanks u know ur a great help. ermm yh they are AS GRADES i got a B in psychlogy D IN CHEMISTRY ,D IN SPANISH, E IN BIOLOGY. do you think i can still apply to pharmacy consider im retaking some modules and hopin 2 pull up my grades. pleases reply
well what other unis are you thinking of applying too? and is there any particular reason you under performed in your AS exams as A2 does get a lot harder? i think only you yourself can know if you can pull the grades up to the required standard depending on your reasons for doin bad in the summer. Most unis will deffo require a B in chemistry so get yourself a great textbook cos mine is what got me a B in chem! good luck xxx
jjade
thanks im looking to apply to kingston, hertsfordshire,medway,portsmouth they all require bbb. well no particular reason but not alot of effort was put in i feel. I think i can pull my chemistry up 2 a b with a good college teacher, a personal tutor and a good text book. As long as i retake my last module in chemistry and pull my grade up 2 a C 4 as n den work as hard as possible to achieve a b overall. wat exam board did you do in chemistry?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (83)
39.15%
No - but I will (10)
4.72%
No - I don't want to (14)
6.6%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (105)
49.53%

Watched Threads