can I have a bit of advice please(uni course) Watch

Dior-perfume
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
hi

I'm feeling a bit down at the moment because I've always wanted to do dentistry however my tutor advised me against it as she said many will be applying with straight As at gcse whereas I only have a couple along with a few B's and a couple of Cs

Now I'm feeling really low as I've been persuaded to take something else that I know I won't enjoy in the long run

Graduate entry is an option but considering my gap year plus the length of the course I would want to do it really isn't an option right now; I'd be really mature

Would you advise me to apply or not? i feel like applying for something else, praying I won't get any offers so that I can apply to dentistry in the end when I'll have my grades at hand:p:

what do you think I should do. help. don't want to do something in life i won't enjoy.

I know I'm not the strongest of applicants but surely giving it a shot is better than not knowing at all?

thanks
Tsukuyomi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Dior-perfume)
hi

I'm feeling a bit down at the moment because I've always wanted to do dentistry however my tutor advised me against it as she said many will be applying with straight As at gcse whereas I only have a couple along with a few B's and a couple of Cs

Now I'm feeling really low as I've been persuaded to take something else that I know I won't enjoy in the long run

Graduate entry is an option but considering my gap year plus the length of the course I would want to do it really isn't an option right now; I'd be really mature

Would you advise me to apply or not? i feel like applying for something else, praying I won't get any offers so that I can apply to dentistry in the end when I'll have my grades at hand:p:

what do you think I should do. help. don't want to do something in life i won't enjoy.

I know I'm not the strongest of applicants but surely giving it a shot is better than not knowing at all?

thanks
what grades did you get for A levels?
Dior-perfume
(Original post by Tsukuyomi)
what grades did you get for A levels?

not done a2s yet but I got AAAB for AS

but even with good a levels she said still you have no chance as others will have good straight a gcses
i really hope i dont get offers this year so that i can make my application stronger elsewhere and maybe do things other applicants wont have but
Tsukuyomi
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
not done a2s yet but I got AAAB for AS

but even with good a levels she said still you have no chance as others will have good straight a gcses
i really hope i dont get offers this year so that i can make my application stronger elsewhere and maybe do things other applicants wont have but
why dont you just apply for 3 dentistry courses and 2 other courses (science related), besides you teacher doesnt know what he or she is talking about, uni's do take gcse results into consideration, but what is important know in terms of results are you A levels, apply and write a brilliant p.s, im sure youll get offers:yes:
Dior-perfume
(Original post by Tsukuyomi)
why dont you just apply for 3 dentistry courses and 2 other courses (science related), besides you teacher doesnt know what he or she is talking about, uni's do take gcse results into consideration, but what is important know in terms of results are you A levels, apply and write a brilliant p.s, im sure youll get offers:yes:

Tsukuyomi
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
look at my profile, i didnt get brilliant gcse's but im going to a uni ranked 11, your alevels are good enough, just back it up with a good personal statement
Tsukuyomi
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
and relevant work experience
biomed
Report 9 years ago
Hi every one,,, i need help as well please,,
i was doing biomed but failed two modules twice then the exam board terminated my studies.
now i want to start fresh, i am also in clearing with ucas, i have tryed to get into any fondation or other access course to med sch but i think it is a bit late.
does any one know if there is any other option please?
i am thinking to apply for university fondation for next year, though i am not sure what they gonna be like towards failed student in biomed, then other thing i am thinking is to go back to college and start againe with Access to Med or some Alevels.
another problem i have is, i am not sure what course should i put in my ucas for next year, wither A100 5y med, A104 6 year or fondation courses!!!
i have been trying so hard.
any advice or sugestion will be appreciated.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (82)
39.23%
No - but I will (9)
4.31%
No - I don't want to (13)
6.22%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (105)
50.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise