Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing separete Award Chemistry? Anyone have any revision tips?

Charikaar

ReputationRep:
    yea i am doing it - for the double paper just use CGP - it is useful
    also i reckon i wil lget a high A* for this as i have done bout 12 past papers and the same questions come up every year lol so i doubt there will b much of a surprise

ReputationRep:
    however for triple i am stuck seeing as the text book is rubbish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asadtamimi)
    yea i am doing it - for the double paper just use CGP - it is useful
    also i reckon i wil lget a high A* for this as i have done bout 12 past papers and the same questions come up every year lol so i doubt there will b much of a surprise
    Wow 12 different past papers!!!!.......... I love practicing past papers no matter what board they are from . I phoned OCR but they only have for 2003 and 04 as my teacher dont have them. Do you know where can i get these from? I would be grateful for your help.

Charikaar

ReputationRep:
    Go to www.ocr.org.uk, then in the Qualification Finder at the top, scroll down to get 'GCSE' and 'Sciences'. Then loads come up and you just click on them.

For revision I just do notes out of the CGP book and make sure I can right them all down under headings without looking. Seems to work pretty well.

ReputationRep:
    I did some past papers too. 2002/3/4 . I got 86/78/89 (out of 100). I think they are A*, but im not sure. Anybody know the A* boundary?

ReputationRep:
    This exam is on my birthday

ReputationRep:
    I think the A* barrier is approx 75%, and an A is 65, that's what it was in our mock anyway.

ReputationRep:
    rite ok - thanks

o and, bad luck about it being on your birthday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vazzyb)
    I did some past papers too. 2002/3/4 . I got 86/78/89 (out of 100). I think they are A*, but im not sure. Anybody know the A* boundary?
    you have easily gotten A* - in the 2003 paper the A* boundary for hte double paper was 67% and 2004 was 72%

to be honest i am shocked why they r so low - i find chemistry the easiest of the 3 sciences yet the boundaries r so low

ReputationRep:
    yea me too. But it must be cause some people just find science boring and cant be arsed...

ReputationRep:
    I find chemistry quite hard but we have a whole week to go before this exam so loads of revision time so im not that worried about it. What i am worried about is PHYSICS!
    aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggg ggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! !!!!

ReputationRep:
    I love physics, but there are SO many formulas to learn. Does anyone have a good way of do this?

ReputationRep:
    well for ocr they give u half the formulas in the questions

ReputationRep:
    you have easily gotten A* - in the 2003 paper the A* boundary for hte double paper was 67% and 2004 was 72%

to be honest i am shocked why they r so low - i find chemistry the easiest of the 3 sciences yet the boundaries r so low

Can you help me with Isomers for alkenes no matter how hard i try i still dont understand it.

thanks

charikaar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noofruit)
    I love physics, but there are SO many formulas to learn. Does anyone have a good way of do this?
    Don't think of them as formulas, think of them as a representation of understanding! :cool:

For example, speed = distance / time (now, i know this musn't be the one you are finding hard to remember, but this is an example, and the theory can be applied to all the formula)

Well, if cover a certain distance and then divide that by how much time you take surely you would get a number which represents how fast you went (ie. the amount of distance per unit of time).

So equations can be remember is that way. Its realy the best as then you also know how to apply it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charikaar)
    Can you help me with Isomers for alkenes no matter how hard i try i still dont understand it.

thanks

charikaar
    to be honest i can really show u visually wot an isomer is cos i cant draw it in the reply but they r just the same formula as an alkene - for example say u have C6H12 an isomer wud b just drawn differently - with the C-C double bond in a diff place

ReputationRep:

are those grade boundaries for double award? and do they include coursework or not?

ReputationRep:
    This may sound really stupid but i sometimes remember the formulas as words, for intance i dont think P equals IV (power fomula btw), i just remember PIV. I can't think of any more egs of the top of my head but this method seems to work for me!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.