Another A level choices thread... Watch

Lollyage
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I can't decide which ones i want to do! At the moment i have biology chemistry psychology and philosophy, and am considering a psychology degree although i'm not sure and really want to keep my options open.

Now, ive been told by a lot of people to do maths because its really useful and i'll be "closing my options" if i don't, but i really cannot do biology chemistry and maths together because i don't think i'm that good!

And ive also heard that chemistry is the most difficult a level you can do and to not even attempt it unless you get an A* at GCSE, and i'll probably get an A (if im lucky). So im not sure about that one now..

What can i do to keep my options open and try and get into a really good uni?
HighSkies
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You aren't really limiting yourself that much if you don't do maths. Its useful, but not necessary unless you are considering maths /economics/etc at uni.

Ignore what you heard about chemistry. Its tough but I got an A at GCSE and got a good A at AS level. As long as you work an A is definitely possible. Doing chemistry will keep your options open to anything science based which is a huge number of degrees and overall your AS choices are fine. I see nothing limiting and its nice you're doing philosophy to go with sciences.
neomilan
Badges: 15
Report 9 years ago
i think if you love maths, or are good at it, then you can cope with it at A Level, and it will open many doors to you incase you change your mind about uni course during a levels
llys
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you like Maths, and are good at it, it will probably be less work than any of your other options. Why don't you take it to AS? Then after AS, you can decide which subject(s) to drop. Or you can drop it before that if you realize you don't like it.
Lollyage
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Well ok, but what would i drop out of my options to take maths? I'm so confused =\
llys
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You don't need to drop anything at this moment in time, if you can't decide and your timetable permits it. A few weeks (or months, or AS) in you can just drop the subject(s) you like least by then.
goats
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Drop philosophy and take maths
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (442)
37.81%
No - but I will (88)
7.53%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise