Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Today, in English, I got the one desk in the whole hall that was 2/3s as wide as the others, and I wasted 5 minutes at the start just trying to arrange the question paper, my answer book, my anthology and my pens in a logical order in which I could actually write. The examiner's going to have a fun time deciphering my writing now.

ReputationRep:
    I had some science equation on my table.
    Pity I was in an english exam.

ReputationRep:
    You think you've got it bad? The schools doing buildingwork RIGHT OPPOSITE the exam hall. Any idea what its like trying to do a GCSE in a construction yard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NSiky)
    You think you've got it bad? The schools doing buildingwork RIGHT OPPOSITE the exam hall. Any idea what its like trying to do a GCSE in a construction yard?
    Your school must suck if they hired the builders during GCSES.

ReputationRep:
    Our exam desks are stupid. I had to fit for History 2 answer booklets, a sources paper, a question paper, my pencil case and my watch on it yesterday. Plus they wobble, which is really annoying!

ReputationRep:
    There are a group of knobheads in my school who thought it hilarious to shout 'BELL!' at the top of their voices for 5 minutes during our French Reading paper. If that sounds random, they belong to a group of boys who think it's fun to go 'belling' in their spare time i.e. knock door running :rolleyes:

You can imagine my frustration when trying to translate a difficult sentence to be interrupted by yells through the (exremely un-soundproof) exam hall wall. The teachers couldn't do anything except glare and make useless shushing noises. :mad:

They have a website and everything: Extreme Knocking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noofruit)
    Our desks are all about 300 years old. Some of them don't even have legs. Also, we have ours in the hall and the people unlucky enough to be at the front (usually me...) are practically FALLING into the orchestra pit. Drop a pen, and its gone FOREVER...
    this actually made me chuckle lol, thats such a ****, lol unlucky m8
    cheers for the laugh tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lidia)
    There are a group of knobheads in my school who thought it hilarious to shout 'BELL!' at the top of their voices for 5 minutes during our French Reading paper. If that sounds random, they belong to a group of boys who think it's fun to go 'belling' in their spare time i.e. knock door running :rolleyes:

You can imagine my frustration when trying to translate a difficult sentence to be interrupted by yells through the (exremely un-soundproof) exam hall wall. The teachers couldn't do anything except glare and make useless shushing noises. :mad:

They have a website and everything: Extreme Knocking
    Yeah i know what you mean, we get retards waving a pulling faces through the window. if you just stare at them and put your hand up half way they soon disappear.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i know what you mean, we get retards waving a pulling faces through the window. if you just stare at them and put your hand up half way they soon disappear.
    Lol - Our exam hall is like 700 years old, so there are like like latin, greek and french inscriptions everywhere, and they can't take them down since they're under protection from The Queen or something (our school has like affiliations with the monarch for some odd reason) - doesn't really help in exams though, esp. since i gave all of those subjects up.

Anyway - the windows are like 20m off the ground as a result of it being designed ages ago, so thankfully we don't have that problem - only malfunctioning mechanical shutters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henryt)
    Lol - Our exam hall is like 700 years old, so there are like like latin, greek and french inscriptions everywhere, and they can't take them down since they're under protection from The Queen or something (our school has like affiliations with the monarch for some odd reason) - doesn't really help in exams though, esp. since i gave all of those subjects up.

Anyway - the windows are like 20m off the ground as a result of it being designed ages ago, so thankfully we don't have that problem - only malfunctioning mechanical shutters
    pretty old huh? you would have thought they would have turned it into something other than a school...

ReputationRep:
    Well, i think the only reason why it's a school is because Westminster Abbey (just next door!) refuse to have the land used for anything else - As a result we have to go and sit in the Abbey for really drab services every Monday and Friday. Our school has like the oddest traditions - like scholars have to wear robes. And we have to sing LATIN PRAYERS on Wednesday morning instead of going into the Abbey - Yuck!

The only good thing about exams is missing all that lot!

ReputationRep:
    Whenever my desk is annoying I call the invigilator over and tell them to ******* move me! I aint sitting on no ****** up desk and end up ******* up my GCSEs. Never happening!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henryt)
    Well, i think the only reason why it's a school is because Westminster Abbey (just next door!) refuse to have the land used for anything else - As a result we have to go and sit in the Abbey for really drab services every Monday and Friday. Our school has like the oddest traditions - like scholars have to wear robes. And we have to sing LATIN PRAYERS on Wednesday morning instead of going into the Abbey - Yuck!

The only good thing about exams is missing all that lot!
    woooo i would actually love to go to your school, i go to a school with loads of chavs

ReputationRep:
    lol our school is like 1880's so its main bit is built in a square will a lil courtyard in the mid and during youre jsut like banned if you are in that bit coz the sounds carries to every room and when your in the library its just soo loud so they all get kicked out to the playground which noones minds lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus505)
    Lol, I'll try that next time. Maybe give them the names... :evil:

ReputationRep:
    i rememeber for my GCSE geography exam, they gave evryone a spare chair to put all the extra booklets on, so that was cool.

The head invidulator gets everyone to wobble thier at the beigining of every exam to make sure thier arite.

we have kool letters and numbers on the wall, along the hall, like co-ordinates on battle ship for our seat numbers, which they put a list of outside the hall door, so none of those cards like in my old school.

but even still, i hate the desks, too cramped!

so yh, its all arite i guess. whats really annoying is when the person next to me in the exam is annoying. in my maths exam a guy wouldnt stop swearing under his breath, huffin and puffing, waving his arms around everywhere, rubbin out like a maniac and i just couldnt cncentrate! the bugger!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus505)
    woooo i would actually love to go to your school, i go to a school with loads of chavs
    Yeah - well its just as bad going to a school full of people with more money than sense - most of the people at my school sicken me. Just imagine Eton, except in London, and unfortunately, you get a rather good view of Westminster.

ReputationRep:
    nah my schools a mix i like it! you get da rich people ya get the chavs you get the rich chavs (one guy dad is worth £20 million, his dad bought him a 2005, 2.0 golf for his 17th, and he still walk around with a fake burberry hat, and it is fake) lol then you get the sane people, lol

ReputationRep:
    nah my schools a mix i like it! you get da rich people ya get the chavs you get the rich chavs (one guy dad is worth £20 million, his dad bought him a 2005, 2.0 golf for his 17th, and he still walk around with a fake burberry hat, and it is fake) lol then you get the sane people, lol
    lol - I would like to go to a school with more "earthy" (if that's what you can call them) people - most at mine are pretentious creeps talking about how many places their uncles/dad/mum has moved up in the rich list. Naturally, it would be wrong to beat all of the people at my school with the same stick, but some are definitely social climbing creeps - At least they're usually the stupid ones who will fail their exams, since they don't have to work when their older, since they'll inherit the family fortune. At least I'll achieve something at GCSE!

Back to the issue at hand - don't you find that some teachers, when announcing like you've got 5 minutes left, and you're fantically trying to finish, that they put you off track and you lose your line of thought (happened in History yesterday). That's like the MOST annoying thing for me, about exams.

ReputationRep:
    Our desks are graffitied with stuff like "English SUX" and "You are going to fail if you are reading this"...at first you think it's funny but then you get completely unfocused!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.