Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abhineyjain)
    Our desks are graffitied with stuff like "English SUX" and "You are going to fail if you are reading this"...at first you think it's funny but then you get completely unfocused!
    lol I got exactly the same thing. Some people write the time and day of the exam they took and say "I FAILED MATHS 04" its jokes but it really wastes time!

ReputationRep:
    Meh, our tables are all graffiti-less. They're checked after every exam and sand papered down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippy_gerbil)
    Meh, our tables are all graffiti-less. They're checked after every exam and sand papered down.
    Lucky!

ReputationRep:
    yeh our exam tables stay in pretty good condition, but i spose our school is so on everyone for results noone has time to write stuff on the table, lol

lol the worst thing is not when the teacher announces 5min left its when your sharing the room with an AS or A2 exam and they finish before you so all that gets in the way, thats annoying

ReputationRep:
    Back to the issue at hand - don't you find that some teachers, when announcing like you've got 5 minutes left, and you're fantically trying to finish, that they put you off track and you lose your line of thought (happened in History yesterday). That's like the MOST annoying thing for me, about exams.
    Yep, totally. I was sitting at the front for History, and the guy yelled it, without warning right in my ear. I was writing so fast nad I jumped so high I ended up with a line right across my sentence and I had to re-write it! I was so stressed- there was NO TIME for re-writing stuff!

ReputationRep:
    You should put stuff on the floor. I always put the laminated card on the floor and the teachers just bend down and pick it up, which can be very funny depending on the teacher. You should bring in tissues or something to the exam and put it under one of the legs so the desk won't wobble. What was the next one? Oh yeah if you are doing writing exams you could memorise the question you're doing and put the question paper on the floor. And if somebody's being noisy and annoying i usually just ask a teacher to shut him up. There I solved all your problems!

ReputationRep:
    We have a huge pile of beer mats (!) at the front so anyone with a wobbly desk can get a teacher to wedge a few under the desk leg to stop it wobbling luckily i havn't had a problem yet (touch wood!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali p)
    We have a huge pile of beer mats (!) at the front so anyone with a wobbly desk can get a teacher to wedge a few under the desk leg to stop it wobbling luckily i havn't had a problem yet (touch wood!)
    Makes my school seem so disorganised

ReputationRep:
    lol i just write over my tables and start conversations haha! lol!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I had such an uncomfortable chair in my history exam. The seat had unscrewed itself from the legs, and the back of the chair had a big split down it so you couldn't lean back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Two Tone)
    I had such an uncomfortable chair in my history exam. The seat had unscrewed itself from the legs, and the back of the chair had a big split down it so you couldn't lean back.
    You should've demanded a new chair, i'd hate that.

ReputationRep:
    i rememeber for my GCSE geography exam, they gave evryone a spare chair to put all the extra booklets on, so that was cool.
    Our school went one step furthur and gave everyone two desks!!

The head invidulator gets everyone to wobble thier at the beigining of every exam to make sure thier arite.
    Ditto - then if one is wobbly, out come the beer mats!

ReputationRep:
    My school seems crap in comparison now!

ReputationRep:
    Our exams run relatively smoothly apart from when people walk past outside the window they're SO inconsiderate and as my surname is a B I'm always by the window...in our history exam some girl walked past deliberately singing Hollaback Girl at the top of her voice I was SO distracted :mad: our teacher went out and had a go at her which was good but made the noise go on for even longer ....our desks are dead small too, I'll be amazed if we get through these exams without a desk collapsing mid-exam :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shortysally)
    Our exams run relatively smoothly apart from when people walk past outside the window they're SO inconsiderate and as my surname is a B I'm always by the window...in our history exam some girl walked past deliberately singing Hollaback Girl at the top of her voice I was SO distracted :mad: our teacher went out and had a go at her which was good but made the noise go on for even longer ....our desks are dead small too, I'll be amazed if we get through these exams without a desk collapsing mid-exam :p:
    I know what you mean, luckily when i have my exam in the hall they close the curtains on the window by the canteen so people having lunch dont distract us, but when i have my exams in the gym you get chavs who skipped their exam to shout things through the windows

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus505)
    I know what you mean, luckily when i have my exam in the hall they close the curtains on the window by the canteen so people having lunch dont distract us, but when i have my exams in the gym you get chavs who skipped their exam to shout things through the windows
    lol yes the curtains are shut but all the windows are open...OMG that reminds me, in my erm...not sure actually, think it was my first English exam, the b***** curtain was wafting accross my desk I nearly screamed lol! Soooo offputting!

5 exams left!!! Can't wait til they're over! Gonna miss my ickle school though we had our prom on May 20th the day we went on study leave so after my last exam it really is 'goodbye' *sniffs*

Good luck anyway - hope no more chavs shout things in the windows

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shortysally)
    lol yes the curtains are shut but all the windows are open...OMG that reminds me, in my erm...not sure actually, think it was my first English exam, the b***** curtain was wafting accross my desk I nearly screamed lol! Soooo offputting!

5 exams left!!! Can't wait til they're over! Gonna miss my ickle school though we had our prom on May 20th the day we went on study leave so after my last exam it really is 'goodbye' *sniffs*

Good luck anyway - hope no more chavs shout things in the windows
    i have 6 exams to go, and thanks i hope the chavs die

ReputationRep:
    we dont have the problem of people screaming and stuff cos the hall is out of the main school so unless your doing pe you dont really go past. and we dont have any windows in there aswell! lol
    and as for the desks everyone gets wobly ones (but thank god i havent!) and yeah the desks are way to small.

ReputationRep:
    do you know you should file a complaint it says on the regulations we get for exams that if the desks are wobbly we are suppose to be given a replacement! thankfully our skool exam desks are ok !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henryt)
    lol - I would like to go to a school with more "earthy" (if that's what you can call them) people - most at mine are pretentious creeps talking about how many places their uncles/dad/mum has moved up in the rich list. Naturally, it would be wrong to beat all of the people at my school with the same stick, but some are definitely social climbing creeps - At least they're usually the stupid ones who will fail their exams, since they don't have to work when their older, since they'll inherit the family fortune. At least I'll achieve something at GCSE!

Back to the issue at hand - don't you find that some teachers, when announcing like you've got 5 minutes left, and you're fantically trying to finish, that they put you off track and you lose your line of thought (happened in History yesterday). That's like the MOST annoying thing for me, about exams.

its unlikely i know...bt im guessin ur in yr 11, and i read ur at westminster, do u know a ginger haired guy called Charles Gardiner? zimbabwean bloke(white skin) in case you no him

not being racist..ppl assume zimbabwe - black

anyways do u no him? or heard of him at all?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.