Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, now I'm sure many of you agree that that Maths test was extremely difficult (I'm referring to AQA GCSE Maths Spec A, non modular)... I'm doing the Intermediate tier and really need a B. Only problem is I think I did particularly badly on Paper 1... around 55 of 100 marks? But on Paper 2 I tend to do a lot better (usually around 70). Taking into account lowering boundaries and the fact my coursework had full marks... do you think it would still be possible for me to get a B?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hearthethunder)
    Hi, now I'm sure many of you agree that that Maths test was extremely difficult (I'm referring to AQA GCSE Maths Spec A, non modular)... I'm doing the Intermediate tier and really need a B. Only problem is I think I did particularly badly on Paper 1... around 55 of 100 marks? But on Paper 2 I tend to do a lot better (usually around 70). Taking into account lowering boundaries and the fact my coursework had full marks... do you think it would still be possible for me to get a B?
    Should be fine. They always drop the boundery's if the exam is diff and everyone found it so. AQA are normally my fav but with GCSE Maths they suck!

ReputationRep:
    I found it difficult too but I was doing higher.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how much help this is, but I know that for the higher paper, you roughly have to get 67%-76% for an A, so if you got around 120 all together, and you're doing intermediate paper, that makes about 60%, which would be a B, right? And coursework, I heard, can be the difference between a grade. Just look forward to your next exam, you'll be fine if you don't put yourself under pressure.

ReputationRep:
    the non modular ones looks a hell of alot harder. and its harder to get a high grade i think as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brown Eyed Girl)
    the non modular ones looks a hell of alot harder. and its harder to get a high grade i think as well?
    yeah one year i think it was 70% for a B

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.