WTF! The potential School bombers... Watch

Venom123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
How have were been not charged, whats wrong with the jury.

They had creative writing about their bombing, also in their diaries and mobile phone footage of them practising little bomb explosions.

All they had to state was that it was 'fantasy' -

I'm sure that if the teens were asian the juries verdict. would have been different.
Rucklo
Badges: 13
Report 9 years ago
I can write a story about blowing stuff up. And have messed around with bomb making. Would that make me a terrorist? No.
Venom123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rucklo)
I can write a story about blowing stuff up. And have messed around with bomb making. Would that make me a terrorist? No.
But in the current climate we are in - if the race of the person(s) was different - the story would have been read much much much more expicitly.

And I'm almost certain of it - there would have been some DEEP investigation into the matter.
LissRules!!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Personally i dont think it has anything to do with being asian or not.
Rucklo
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Venom123)
But in the current climate we are in - if the race of the person was different - the story would have been read much much much more expicitly.

And I'm almost certain of it - there would have been some DEEP investigation into the matter.
They were charged and put infront of a court, you can't get deeper?
butchered_wyer
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
haha, so white people are involved, and yet somehow, you have managed to turn this around into racism against black people...
Venom123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rucklo)
They were charged and put infront of a court, you can't get deeper?
Boys will be boys eh?
Mask Of Sanity
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was amused. :laugh:
explosions hurt
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Have you seen the video of their "bombs"? You could do more damage with diet coke+mentos.
Venom123
Rep:
?
(Original post by butchered_wyer)
haha, so white people are involved, and yet somehow, you have managed to turn this around into racism against black people...
Black people?! - I didn't mention black race, I stated that people who would be probed much more would be if they were of asian race or followed muslim religion (yes I'm aware people of black race are also muslim before someone attempts to point out)
fallen angel9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've been posting about burning down the Student Finance building and various other things I'd do to those people who work there. :dontknow: I believe them.
Rucklo
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Venom123)
Black people?! - I didn't mention black race, I stated that people who would be probed much more would be if they were of asian race or followed muslim religion (yes I'm aware people of black race are also muslim before someone attempts to point out)
Are you an idiot?

They were charged, what more probing do you want? What do you want them to do, lock them up without a trial?
Venom123
Rep:
?
Meh seems I'm not the first one to discuss this move to here

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1036029
Fynch101
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I would just like to raise the point that if they were arabs, and obama had not come into power, then they would probably be on the next plane to guantanamo bay right now.
They have got what they deserve - one wants a career in the army - Fat chance! Both of them will never amount to anything.

Edit - just seen something similar already
still, a very valid point.
burninginme
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
To be honest, the build up and planning of the Columbine massacre wasn't too disimilar to how this was being planned. Apparently, a lot of the planning around Columbine was little more than diary entries.
username138106
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
On the one hand I'm not a member of the jury who have seen weeks of evidence from both sides and reached a unanimous conclusion...

...but on the other hand I'm a member of the internet, read the Daily Mail article, and I say "guilty". What the hell are our courts doing?
touchofclass
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I guess the OPs point is that anyone could potentially get off free for planning terrorism if they dismiss it as just a 'fantasy'

Which is a fairly interesting point. Does anyone know how they'd decide these things, like how do they determine whether it was serious or not? Expense? Effort involved? Motive?
Venom123
Rep:
?
(Original post by touchofclass)
I guess the OPs point is that anyone could potentially get off free for planning terrorism if they dismiss it as just a 'fantasy'

Which is a fairly interesting point. Does anyone know how they'd decide these things, like how do they determine whether it was serious or not? Expense? Effort involved? Motive?
Theres no way to determine it, they'd take some psychological tests prove their normal - then they will be advised to state it was a fantasy to get off scott-free.

All I'm saying is if it were different the jury would think differently.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (499)
37.83%
No - but I will (101)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (90)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (629)
47.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed