Music Pracice rooms Watch

Daftdonkey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi
Just wondering what happens with these? How do you book them, and how long can you have one for? Do they get very busy? Also, does anyone know if theres a music stand or piano etc in them??
Thanks
timetokill
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
In the past its always been really poorly organised. In my first year (only the second year JF had been open) I dont think they were really open at all until towards the end of the year.

Second year they were run on basis whereby there was a sign up sheet in the bar, you just went and put your name down at an available free slot. I think they are done by the hour, with a max of 2 hours on any one day. Ive never known them to be busy busy, ie fully booked a week in advance, but obviously peak times (like 6/7pm) might get busier and you might not be able to only book your time only the night before.

Theres a piano at john foster, but it wasnt in the music practice rooms last year, it was in the back room behind the bar.
Daftdonkey
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Thats great thank you
Theo Townsend
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Are these in most halls and, if not, are they only for the use of John Foster residents?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• De Montfort University
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed