The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 1
hey sorry to steal you're thread but im hoping to get into East Anglia for comp sci.
east anglia require ABB , did you get those exact grades? or less/more. thanks
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
It's ok well when in my year it was BBB and i got AAD and got in automatically so they are flexible and my friend did terrible (hes doing bio but still) and they offered him a place on the course he wanted if he did a year before starting that course.
nastynas
hey sorry to steal you're thread but im hoping to get into East Anglia for comp sci.
east anglia require ABB , did you get those exact grades? or less/more. thanks

I THINK that the minimmum is actually, BBB, if i recall the prospectus correctly.
Reply 4
The ABB offer is for MComp or Comp with a year in America or Aus. Otherwise the prospectus says it is BBB.
Reply 5
so could i get in with BCC...
Reply 6
Im doing computing science, i haven't had any reading list. i would have thought that we would have had one... but hey, well see when we get there :tongue:
Reply 7
I'll be doing Comp Sci and also haven't had a reading list.

While we're at it, have any of you recieved anything information wise? I've only recieved a single A4 letter from the uni on results day and the freshers booklet from the union.
Reply 8
I haven't had any other information either. im feeling mildly lost...

what accommodation are you guys in?
Reply 9
Thanks, yer i have only had an A4 sheet too i was worried untill i had a proper look on that website nd found the tmetable for the first 3 days.
Reply 10
As someone who's just graduated from the Computer Science course, I would say not to worry about getting books in advance. You'll be told the books you need in the first couple of lectures. They're all available in the book shop on campus, but you'll save loads if you look at places like Amazon marketplace and go second hand. They're also all in the library.

I'd also recommend checking out if you really need all the books. Some books like the MS Access one I bought in the first year were used very, very rarely. For example I paid £20 for the Access book and read 2 pages of it in the whole unit.
Reply 11
nastynas: I'm starting Computer Science at UEA this year. I was offered BBB but got BCC yet still got my place (probably as each grade was just a few marks off the higher ones). Soo, yeah. They seem flexible-ish. :smile:

As for the information I received, I only got the one letter and freshers booklet too. If you look on the website http://www.uea.ac.uk/sci/scinew/ug2009/cmp it has a lot more info including a possible timetable for the first few days

Latest

Trending

Trending