?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Anyone going this weekend?
NoPurposeTortoise
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah, I went on Friday night It was amazing, really fantastic I thought. Coldplay were infinitely better than all the support acts put together - Girls Aloud were something shocking :O

Did you go? What did you think of it?
. sav .
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
just got back from the Saturday night gig after a heavvvy night in london afterwards.

Amazing. aboslutely love it.

Torrential rain for half an hour during Coldplay but just didnt care at all. Outstanding.
I quite enjoyed a bit of Girls Aloud actually and its definitely not my thing - it was boiling hot at that point though and the beers were flowing... thats probably why. White Lies were brilliant too!
NoPurposeTortoise
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'd never heard of White Lies before, but I too was impressed Coldplay were just mindblowing... if I could have got hold of tickets for Saturday night too I probably would have gone again
. sav .
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=bdf9ca7f0e

my photos!
Gene Genie
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Coldplay were pretty awesome, and I even found myself enjoying listening to Girls Aloud (or maybe just watching them? ;-)

That was until Jayz came on and made me realise how dire they actually were (I must have been hypnotised by Cheryl too much to notice for a spell)

Not a usual Jayz fan but he rocked the stadium and got the night off to a great start!

Wierdly I Went home and dreampt about giant yellow balloons lol!

NoPurposeTortoise
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Gene Genie)
Coldplay were pretty awesome, and I even found myself enjoying listening to Girls Aloud

That was until Jayz came on and made me realise how dire they actually were (I must have been hypnotised by Cheryl too much to notice for a spell)

Not a usual Jayz fan but he rocked the stadium and got the night off to a great start!

This is so true. I didn't realise how rubbish Girls Aloud were until Jay-Z came on. The sound quality was pretty bad at the start too... But again, Coldplay were amazing
gbduo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeh I went to see Coldplay last Friday, I thought Jay Z was rubbish actually, but rap is really not my cup of tea and I could not fathom how rap and Coldplay went together. Nor could most people on my row who left and got some food. On the other hand, his rendition of Encore and 99 Problems was good, I suppose.

Coldplay though, oh my goodness, I am STILL buzzing from that night, that was the best gig I have seen in years, so much energy! I don't know how Chris Martin manages to dance, jump and sing at the same time! I loved the Michael Jackson tribute in the middle of the audience and I especially liked Yellow and of course Viva La Vida, this song has to be one of the best stadium songs ever, especially with the whole audience, 70,000 people singing it! The whole set was a triumph from start to finish and I just couldn't fault anything, it had everything, a start, middle and end and it flowed seemlessly throughout. A brilliant night and you could really see how Coldplay became the superband that they are. Unbelieveable.

Graham
NoPurposeTortoise
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by gbduo)
Coldplay though, oh my goodness, I am STILL buzzing from that night, that was the best gig I have seen in years, so much energy! I don't know how Chris Martin manages to dance, jump and sing at the same time! I loved the Michael Jackson tribute in the middle of the audience and I especially liked Yellow and of course Viva La Vida, this song has to be one of the best stadium songs ever, especially with the whole audience, 70,000 people singing it! The whole set was a triumph from start to finish and I just couldn't fault anything, it had everything, a start, middle and end and it flowed seemlessly throughout. A brilliant night and you could really see how Coldplay became the superband that they are. Unbelieveable.
Hear hear :holmes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (458)
38.04%
No - but I will (91)
7.56%
No - I don't want to (84)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (571)
47.43%

Watched Threads