Colour? Watch

mipegg
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey.

Im in a bit of a pickle. For quite a while now Iv pretty much only worn tones (black, white, grey and jeans). Kinda limits your wardrobe a little bit and to add ontop of that I think most (if not all) patterns look silly on me. Useful eh?

At any rate I usually end up in dark slim/'bootcut' (though not massive) jeans with a white/black tshirt on and from time to time a shirt over the top worn open. Im trying to find shirts I can wear on their own but getting them to fit right and not look weird is hard (shirts look odd untucked if worn on their own and ties look silly).

Anyway, skin is this sort of colour: Nothing too dark or too light, pic of face/hair in profile. Rest of me is slim built except from my shoulders/upper back. Any ideas?

http://img185.imageshack.us/i/p1000072.jpg/
http://img182.imageshack.us/i/p1000071j.jpg/
mipegg
Rep:
?
Was thinking similar to http://www.asos.com/Ben-Sherman/Ben-...ort=3&clr=Navy (Sleeves rolled up, worn open over a white tshirt) or something. (Ignore price for now, Im just trying to get ideas) but I truly am totally useless at colours/patterns

EDIT: Just noticed its got a really weird pattern on it so http://www.burton.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...9843&langId=-1 is a better idea
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Your arm is exactly like mine, same shape, same colour, even the freckle is in the same place.
mipegg
Rep:
?
I have a couple 7s. That and I bet its a helluva lot more vascular when I get pumped, climbers forearms/hands are really not nice (you can see some of the veins on my hand, it gets 10 times worse than that
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Mine too my veins in my forearm/hand often pump out cos of boxing. Oh and yes i stalk you :teeth:

I think the burtons shirt is nicer, however what is it you want? it seems you want something more casual and that looks a little formal in my opinion. The ones with check or just generally more casual will suit general wear more...
mipegg
Rep:
?
Smart shirts often look better open and with the sleeves rolled up, their a bit shorter and generally more slim fitting so when its open it looks better... Though I dunno what I want, just being able to wear more stuff! That and I need more shirts, I cant bloody wear the ones I used to closed 'cause of my swole upper back genes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well your light brown so a lot of colours will suit you. I bought a shirt from river island, white with grey stripes, looks really good casual or casual smart and i get compliments everytime i wear it so i imagine that sort of thing would suit you as well. I did the same thing as you, tried to find something colourful, was looking for a check shirt and ended up getting white with grey stripes.

quite like stuff like http://www.asos.com/Asosman/Asos-Str...rt=-1&clr=Blue

You just let them rip to give that hulk effect..!

I prefer just goin out into shops and things just catch my eye. Then you can just try it on as well..
mipegg
Rep:
?
I have quite a few white shirts, I practically live in white/black shirts! Was trying to find something a bit different but I just cant get anything which catches my eye which wouldnt look weird. Im thinking defiantly go for matt colours first
GildedButterfly
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
http://www.asos.com/Asosman/Asos-Str...rt=-1&clr=Blue
this would looks good and from far away it would look like a block colour, but it has a subtle pattern! i like it.
mipegg
Rep:
?
(Original post by GildedButterfly)
http://www.asos.com/Asosman/Asos-Str...rt=-1&clr=Blue
this would looks good and from far away it would look like a block colour, but it has a subtle pattern! i like it.
Open or closed?
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
thats the one i posted! :p: Closed looks good but i suppose you could have it open with a white t shirt.

Oh and mipegg i'm a designer you see not homo.. :awesome:
mipegg
Rep:
?
Took you long enough to post no homo dude! In the very least your a pervert, you stalk the girls for nekkid pictures and now your stalking me for pics....

ASOS now have free returns too so I might give it a go... I want some more jeans too. Just need to wait for next month, this month has been expensive
GildedButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
open
GildedButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by 7777777)
thats the one i posted! :p: Closed looks good but i suppose you could have it open with a white t shirt.

Oh and mipegg i'm a designer you see not homo.. :awesome:
ha same taste
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by GildedButterfly)
ha same taste
Pure skills.. you know you've got it right when a lady agrees!

(Original post by mipegg)
Took you long enough to post no homo dude! In the very least your a pervert, you stalk the girls for nekkid pictures and now your stalking me for pics....

ASOS now have free returns too so I might give it a go... I want some more jeans too. Just need to wait for next month, this month has been expensive
Lmfao. I know you love posting on the fashion forum i see you posting all the time... You know you wish you never posted a fitness blog and things cos we'd all rip you for posting on here loads
mipegg
Rep:
?
Lmfao. I know you love posting on the fashion forum i see you posting all the time... You know you wish you never posted a fitness blog and things cos we'd all rip you for posting on here loads
Hey, even a fanny ass like me squats more than you. Sort it *****!

That and atleast 50% of the posts in here are me being stupid and anyone in fitness who says they dont care what they look like is lieing... or powerlifter
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by mipegg)
Hey, even a fanny ass like me squats more than you. Sort it *****!

That and atleast 50% of the posts in here are me being stupid and anyone in fitness who says they dont care what they look like is lieing... or powerlifter
lmfao. You only squat more cos you like to stick your arse out :awesome: no need to reply i dont want to spam your thread..
mipegg
Rep:
?
lmfao. You only squat more cos you like to stick your arse out :awesome: no need to reply i dont want to spam your thread..
In the immortal words of the chavs near my collage "Wheeeey tossa" *cycles 2 fingers on each hand up and down*
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (542)
37.74%
No - but I will (112)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (98)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (684)
47.63%

Watched Threads