The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Delta Usafa
You are horrible at interpreting my posts.

1. I am not talking about intelligence correlating with ethnicity. I'm saying that suggesting such a thing is racist, as a response to many of the posts in this thread that suggest their ethnicity makes them smarter.

2. I didn't say questioning belief is bigotry either. I said disliking someone because of their belief is bigotry. As in "you're religious, therefore I don't like you." Do you see the difference? That's not questioning belief, that's judging a person.

I'm sorry but it is quite difficult to interpret your posts when you seem to be misinterpreting everyone else's.

1. Unless i missed it you seem to be the only person talking about a link between intelligence and race.

2. So would you say it is wrong to dislike someone because of their belief?
Reply 221
because it's a crock of *****
Personally, i had it shoved down my neck so much with having to pray to god every day before getting a meal at lunchtime at school until year 4. And then i had to pray to god in assembly and sing songs about him in music and assembly from years 1-8. On top of this, we had regular visits from people trying to further convert us to christianity. I think it's as a result of this that i questioned it from an early age and i think it seems just about as likely as santa.

Also, why do people see athiests as being bad and think any promotion of it is bad when they promote christianity in huge huge proportions.
The UK is one of the most liberal socities in the world, and is also one of the most religious tolerant socities in the world. As a result, people tend to be more accepting of new ideas, new religions and old religions alike. Ironically, this has the opposite effect, people tend to become irreligious themselves rather than more religious.

Latest

Trending

Trending