Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    my wisdom teeth are on the move, and they are really hurtin me! does anyone no of a way to stop them hurting, or will i just have to grin and bare it?

ReputationRep:
    bonjela works wonders. ice lollies also help.

ReputationRep:
    Mine are sprouting up... they don't hurt much though.
    Maybe you should go to the dentist if they hurt badly.. perhaps you need them taken out (it seems a lot of people have them removed because they grow funny or whatever)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Go to your dentist, as they might have to come out.

Or try clove oil, bit it tastes vile

ReputationRep:
    Ive just been told i have to have an operation under general anaesthetic (sp?) to have them out...sob

ReputationRep:
    im dreadin that, my mum and grandma, and unc i think, all had to have theirs out coz they wer impacted. it only started yestrday, but its been really hurtin for about an hour. hopin its just coz ther movin, but might have to go to the dentist if it carries on over the weekend. just what i need in the middle of exams! :bawling:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Having them out isn't scary! And if it's under general then you won't know a thing

ReputationRep:
    Hope so, im becoming more used to the idea now, but apparantly coz my wisdom teeth came thru at an odd angle they've caused my back teeth on the left side to decay and also had chemo when i was younger wich apparantly causes tooth decay, i now have to have 3 teeth out...

ReputationRep:
    mine hurt all the time and got really infected the first time they came through. go ta your dentist, he'll sort you out!(HEHE)

ReputationRep:
    I had mine extracted under a g/a - you'll find it's a doddle - especially when they give you the "pre-med". One word of warning. They DID tell me that certain anaesthetics tend to exacerbate dreams - especially when coming OUT of anaesthetic - and that some people tend to "verbalise".
    When I awoke - I couldn't help but wonder at the secretive grins on the nurses faces.................

ReputationRep:
    They prefer not to do it under general these days, I wanted to have mine done like that but was eventually persuaded to have it done under local.

The operation wasn't that bad, just hurt like **** for a week afterwards, and that was just having 1 out. I'm supposed to have another 2 out but trying to put it off now. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, im pretty used to the general anaesthetics by now lol, i just dont like the idea of them poking around in my mouth and how much pain im likely to be in afterwards

ReputationRep:
    They've just opened a orthodontical day-surgery unit at my local hospital. Average turn around time is 4 hours. You'll be in and out faster than you can say "qwik-fit."

ReputationRep:
    i had 4 teeth out when i was younger, and it wasnt pleasent, it wasnt my usual dentist and i ended up with bits of tooth all down my front, and weeks later there wer still fragments of teeth in my gums, so im not so crazy about havin teeth taken out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by northern_lass)
    i had 4 teeth out when i was younger, and it wasnt pleasent, it wasnt my usual dentist and i ended up with bits of tooth all down my front, and weeks later there wer still fragments of teeth in my gums, so im not so crazy about havin teeth taken out!
    They tend to be a little more careful at hospitals. Remember - it's your RIGHT to insist on a g/a - REGARDLESS of what the authorities may or may not prefer. Don't let them browbeat you.

ReputationRep:
    hehe!! its stopped hurtin for the mo, but mu jaw is achin coz its bin hurtin all night! still, dentist here i come!

ReputationRep:
    Here's a tip for you. (Sorry it's an old one - but it works.)

As you recline in the dentist's chair - reach behind you and firmly grasp his wedding-tackle, look at him and say "we're NOT going to hurt each other, are we?"

ReputationRep:
    Wot if they're female (like mine)???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bodhisattva)
    Here's a tip for you. (Sorry it's an old one - but it works.)

As you recline in the dentist's chair - reach behind you and firmly grasp his wedding-tackle, look at him and say "we're NOT going to hurt each other, are we?"
    LOL!!!!!!! that deserves a rep!!! uv made me chuckel!! heheehehehe!feel so much better about goin to the dentist now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey12)
    Wot if they're female (like mine)???
    I KNEW someone was gonna ask that....oh dear....my internet connection seems &)E&FHj ejhr( aty and then when she says ()*Ehejf dbd alaa0s_+*e ......and it's as easy as that.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.