Typical Offer ( DIPHE/Degree ) Watch

MadgeMania
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi, could somebody please post what they think general offer is points or gradwise for someone wanting to do one of these courses ? I'm hoping to be in the 2011 intake
Holamigo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
are you talking about nursing?

If so,

Diploma = 5 GCSE's C or above including maths/english also some Uni's like you to have evidence of further studying a science

Degree = 200-240 points including a science at A level
MadgeMania
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Yeah nursing

Ty very much! Most uni's I've looked at say they'd like some A levels or further study for the diploma, which is why I'm wondering. As for the degree, 240 ? Seems high, and I've not taken a science, I've taken :

Health And Social Btec Nationals
Sociology
English Language ( currently hating it )
Holamigo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by MadgeMania)
Yeah nursing

Ty very much! Most uni's I've looked at say they'd like some A levels or further study for the diploma, which is why I'm wondering. As for the degree, 240 ? Seems high, and I've not taken a science, I've taken :

Health And Social Btec Nationals
Sociology
English Language ( currently hating it )
Most are 200 points(CDD) its the top uni's which are around 240.(CCC)

I'm not sure if you have to have futher study for the diploma.. I know some people who have just gone into nursing with GCSE's but I think it's because they are getting rid of the diploma soon and they have a choice where you can convert to the degree in your 2nd/3rd year so I think they just want to know you can cope with it.

Is Health And Social Btec Nationals like health and social care?!because that would be ok!
Have you thought about dropping English if your not enjoying it and taking biology? thats if your definately sure you want to go into nursing - as it would be more helpful.

Or get some experience behind you in a nursing home/hospital
discombobulation
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A lot of the places I've looked at don't specify needing a science A level - I don't have one you see and was hoping to get some offers!

Holamigo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by discombobulation)
A lot of the places I've looked at don't specify needing a science A level - I don't have one you see and was hoping to get some offers!

I think that's just a thing they really prefer you to have really.. and when loads of people are applying and it comes to short listing they may pick ones who have a science A level as they know that they can cope with the content of the course.
discombobulation
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Holamigo)
I think that's just a thing they really prefer you to have really.. and when loads of people are applying and it comes to short listing they may pick ones who have a science A level as they know that they can cope with the content of the course.
Oooh I hope so, I'm looking forward to offer time hehe
Holamigo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by discombobulation)
Oooh I hope so, I'm looking forward to offer time hehe

Its exciting stuff!
what have you applied for/ where!?
discombobulation
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Holamigo)
Its exciting stuff!
what have you applied for/ where!?
I'm initially (cause i don't expect to get many offers really) applying to Children's at: Salford, Bradford, UCLAN, Keele & Glasgow Caley

You?!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads