Physics at Warwich and emphasis on grades. Watch

BrightGirl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Does Warwick place a lot of emphasis on grades over PS? I hope it does. How likely is it to get an offer with 3A's at AS and an A at A2 maths, all As in modules? With an OK statement. :o:
TMDaines
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by BrightGirl)
Does Warwick place a lot of emphasis on grades over PS? I hope it does. How likely is it to get an offer with 3A's at AS and an A at A2 maths, all As in modules? With an OK statement.
Why is your statement only going to be 'OK'? If it is a competitive course where everyone is going to be offering AAA then what do you think is going to make the difference?
BrightGirl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by TMDaines)
Why is your statement only going to be 'OK'? If it is a competitive course where everyone is going to be offering AAA then what do you think is going to make the difference?
I dunno, i'm not sure what a 'great' PS looks like :o: I don't think it's that competitive if the typical offer isn't AAA I hope
EnigmaOfTheCake
Report 9 years ago
I dunno, i'm not sure what a 'great' PS looks like :o: I don't think it's that competitive if the typical offer isn't AAA I hope
There are some pretty good ones online you could get some inspiration from

Most important thing is probably to show that you love the subject I guess.

I asked the admissions tutor about how competitive the course was and how important the personal statement was on an open day last year before I applied.

I don't know whether this is still true... but she said they only really check the personal statement to make sure it's okay (lots of emphasis on the grades apparently). In addition, she said they give out about 5 offers for every place because people usually apply for 5 universities and eventually turn down the other 4.
ChiefNX
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Does Warwick place a lot of emphasis on grades over PS? I hope it does. How likely is it to get an offer with 3A's at AS and an A at A2 maths, all As in modules? With an OK statement. :o:
Yeah, you'll probably get an offer. (Which should be AAB with physics & maths.) Warwick is known for giving out loads of offers and you easily meet the requirements. Physics isn't really that competitive anyway.
The Majestic Moose
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got an offer for AAB - A in physics and Math like said above.

But I remember reading on the website that the typical offer next year was going to be AAA or AAB with Physics, Math and Further Math.

If you have good predicted grades you'll likely get an offer.
Totally Tom
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i don't think that personal statements come into much deliberation when offers for physics and maths are concerned. don't be worried about it, just apply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.83%
No - but I will (115)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (699)
47.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise