Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm just starting my A2s and at uni I am hoping to do a joint course of Economics and Geography. I'm already doing DofE and Young Enterprise, but want to do something in the summer to do with geography and/or economics.

Has anyone got any ideas of what I can do in the six weeks holidays. This is a vague specification:

1) open to 16 year olds
    2) weekdays only
    3) short-term (i.e 6wks hols)
    4) in the field of geography/economics
    5) looks good on UCAS

I've got know idea what I can do, who to approach or where to look?
    Help Please?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    make up stories for UCAS.

and btw, Unis only look at your predicted grades, gcse and occasionally first and last paragraph of personal st..

unless you got a summer job in a respected org. like BBC its not worth putting in the application form. and if you do, make people notice. write it as bold.

at this stage even if your purpose is not for UCAS form, there isnt much opportunity out there

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.